Question Smart Card Reader error ID 610 on my new laptop ?

Oct 6, 2020
Hi guys, hoping someone can help with a small problem I am having with my new laptop

Its an Asus Strix Scar 15 (2021).
The problem I am getting is that whenever I try to put my laptop into sleep mode, it gets woken up almost straight away.
I took a look into the Event Viewer and noticed this message right after I initiated sleep:

"Smart Card Reader 'Microsoft IFD 0' rejected IOCTL POWER: The request is not supported. If this error persists, your smart card or reader may not be functioning correctly"

Command Header: 00 00 00 00

Then the next thing that comes up is:

"The system is exiting connected standby"

Reason: Input Mouse.

I'm not sure why I am having this problem, I mean - I don't even use a smart card! I don't even know why there is Smart Card technology in this laptop!

Is there any way I can fix this issue?

I am sure its probably preventing other things happening too but I haven't found out what else

Thanks

Oct 6, 2020
As an update on this, I don't think the problem is the error 610 ID. I have managed to turn off the smart card reader (I have since found out that its for the Keystone that is located on the right of the keyboard) but still wakes immediatley from sleep. I have turned off all peripherals that may wake it such as mouse and keyboard and sure enough, it wakes itself up. I am at a loss

Mar 25, 2022
As an update on this, I don't think the problem is the error 610 ID. I have managed to turn off the smart card reader (I have since found out that its for the Keystone that is located on the right of the keyboard) but still wakes immediatley from sleep. I have turned off all peripherals that may wake it such as mouse and keyboard and sure enough, it wakes itself up. I am at a loss
Hi there. Have you managed to deal with the problem ? I have the same Issue