Hi there,
I have a
Motherboard - ASUS A88X-Gamer
CPU - Quad Core 3Ghz
(Water cooled Corsair H80i all in one.)
HDD seagate 2tb
HDD WD (10k Rpm) 160GB
GFX Radeon R9 380
Information (Listed as spoiler to shorten the post)
I have been suffering with Green Screens followed by Blue Screens for a while now, We suspected the GFX card however it was cleared by overclockers with no errors

We thought it could be the HDD since it shown on the blue screens as over heating
(it said GFX was overheating however it was always very cool maxing at only 75c with full load after 2 hours.)
After the HDD replacement we got some smart errors with the 2nd hand drive bought from CEX (with 2 year guarantee) Took it back exchanged for the Western Digital (WD) HDD listed above, Since then every hard drive we have in turn has said its now got "SMART" Errors and we should backup/ repair replace. Since were trying to install windows we cant run any diagnostic tools from the manafactor. tho i can switch them into another system.

■ ----------------------------------------------------------■
Question: Does anyone know If a MB can give False Positive on SMART errors Or Could that be the MB going wrong??

■ ----------------------------------------------------------■
Note: I would be very surprised if the 4 HDD's i have plugged in that all showed SMART errors.. Really have errors (Considering one of them was my main storage drive that is working perfect on my computer)

I would like to say thank you in advance for any information Give and please contact me if you need more information.
I cant be contacted via https://discord.gg/tQ4jkVt (I am Dennis or Dark#5372)
as a last restorte
But i only check my mail once or twice a day (unless i already stared an address)

Thanks
Dennis
PS: This is my wife's Gaming Rig So Keeping it running will keep her out my Hair :D

PSS: Sorry if this is in the wrong section (I dont know how to move it to the correct one and it wont let me delete it) **blame the new guy**

mrjinx453

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017

memory test is all Clean and clear, also done burn in tests while we had windows on it.
even changed the memory for sticks from my pc.. would still green screen..
Honeslty at this point i am looking for help with the SMART issuses.- reading every drive with errors just is false but it wont load windows or reinstall in its current state.

Tho i am sure that theres a chance the green screens and the new SMART errors are possably connected.