Smart Home Connections to Router

mingman202

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
I'm using an ASUS Rt-68U ac1900 dual band router to cover smart home. All worked well until recently the Washer/Dryer got kicked off and now fail to re-connect to the router (via WPS). I have 3 Echo devices, 3 smart switches and 3 LEDs running. DISH network is connected on 5GHz everything else on 2.4GHz. Two PCs are ethernet and one HP printer is wireless (2.4). Is there a limit to how many devices in a home that can connect to the router? Signal strength is strong (-50db), coverage good and router is set to channel 6. No neighbors less than 1/4 mile away. DHCP is on and Active QoS, too. selected for home devices at highest priority. Any suggestions on how to get smart appliance (washer/dryer) to connect to the LAN? I want to add Nest thermostat also.

Is there a limit to how many devices in a home that can connect to the router?
Yes ... but's more than 10. My AP has a limit of 127.

Getting the washer/dryer to reconnect ... I assume your limited on troubleshooting (my washer/dryer aren't as fancy) and have already tried everyone's favorite "unplug and replug". Is there a factory reset button on the washer/dryer? Is this one of those that you can connect to your phone first and then use phone app to connect to house WiFi (if so, will your phone connect to the washer/dryer?)

mingman202

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

Good questions. Power cycling doesn't affect the situation. No "reset" on units. Yes they do communicate through the phone app, but they have to first connect to the router to be seen in the phone app. Do you suppose I have to bypass WPS and use the device PIN code method to connect? (Washer/dryer are Whirlpool smart devices.)