[SOLVED] smart to buy rx 5700 for an outdated build?

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
hey guys, my gpu was laying on it's deathbed for a while causing extreme fps drop but since last week every single game i tried playing pixelated extremely so it's obvious the gpu is faulty.

i was planning on upgrading by just buying a whole new pc and i'm still saving up for that but now i'm a week without gaming and life is boring lol.

i have an outdated build but the new built i'm going to get in early 2020 has high specs so i'm torn with what to do, i don't want to buy a lower end gpu so i can play games till i have my new pc because then i lost money and the new build would be delayed by like a month but if i get the gpu i was going to get in my new build and put it in my old one, idk if that's smart or if it'll work

anyone got tips?

build now(never oc'd):
fx 4300
r7 370
2x4g 1600mhz ram
b600 psu
air heatsink (not stock)
n68 mobo
128g ssd
500g hdd

build in early 2020:
ryzen 7 2700x
rx 5700 (not reference model)
rog b450-f atx mobo
kraken x52
1 tb m.2 nvme ssd
2x8g 3200mhz ram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solution
The current rig would seriously limit the performance of the RX5700. You would also need to replace your PSU with one of better quality and higher power (I would recommend at least 650w from a quality manufacturer).

I would wait until able to build a new rig altogether as prices are likely to drop on current offerings as new tech comes to market.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The current rig would seriously limit the performance of the RX5700. You would also need to replace your PSU with one of better quality and higher power (I would recommend at least 650w from a quality manufacturer).

I would wait until able to build a new rig altogether as prices are likely to drop on current offerings as new tech comes to market.

Reactions: vMax
Solution
Its a smart buy only if you are going to upgrade the total setup at some point in the very near future. Right now you will bottle neck the GPU though your performance will be increased over what you are getting now. Also COLGeek is absolutely right on the PSU especially if that is not a quality PSU.

emilymurad74

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
hey guys so i've decided to just go with a new one for now, what do you guys suggest, gtx 1050 ti, gtx 1650, rx 570 or something else? my budget is like €160 i don't want to spend too much on a gpu for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk