Smart TV options allowing capable browser and video streaming

Li Shezaar

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
So, I understand that Flash support is minimal for Smart TVs, but I believe it is getting outdated and is not much in use. Just to be sure, I enabled the prompt for Flash on the browser and went through a list of websites I stream media from, and did not get the prompt there so I guess it is safe to assume that it would work with any Smart TV browser, right?

Usage would primarily be (but not restricted to) Youtube, Amazon Prime Video, Sony Liv, anime streaming (9anime / kissanime) and some other sites for local soap opera and maybe Netflix and Crunchyroll (but it uses Flash...)

I am considering between LG, Samsung, Sony or Panasonic. Indeed a Sony Android TV would make all the above possible but it seems a little too costly. Would the non-Android smart TV variants suffice? Also I know that the Bravia has a Sony Liv app so that is covered (along with Youtube and Netflix). Additionally most anime content is in .mkv format which I have heard (even if wrongly) can have issues with certain Smart TVs but is fine with Samsung. Not sure about Firefox OS or pre-Firefox OS in Panasonic.... LG Web OS 3.0 seems fine but read that it might be somewhat laggy.

Lastly, I believe the Tizen OS in Samsung uses a Linux kernel, so it should at least be able to update Flash to 11.2 if Samsung doesn't give it out of the box. Was also looking at some Smart Flash Player which is present for LG and Samsung, how reliable is it?

I do of course want a good picture quality; audio would mostly be connected to a different system so that is not a concern. Should be 32" - 40" (max - if no other) due to space constraints and I am looking at a budget of under INR 40,000 / USD 600 (willing to go up to INR 45,000 / USD 650 if really worth it). Getting torn here regarding what to select so any assistance in helping me do so is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Li Shezaar

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Not getting many options out here, the opera os is laggy and the browser just hangs mid way to the point where it was unusable, Web OS sea fine but sea to have issues as well with file format compatibility; thinking of going with a simple tv with miracast and then getting an Mi set top box.