Smartphone Drives Double Digit Growth at ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
2.2 Billion ARM chips?
What? I estimate about 500 million people own at least 3-4 ARM devices in their households. (TV's, Phones, set top boxes etc..)

Times that up.. Err.. I guess that would be about right I think. :| (If you add in the people with 2 or less ARM devices in the household)
Wow, that's a LOT of chips.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I thought they were bigger. Dwarfed by all the companies who use their tech to make socs etc. Seems like they're charging too little (not that I'm going to complain about a decent priced smartphone if I ever buy one...LOL). Let me know when plans get to all you can eat and I don't have to pay for crap I don't want. Then I'll purchase a smartphone :) $80-110 a month is retarded. I may cough up for a TING plan shortly but I can wait for Tegra4 easily.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]somebodyspecial[/nom]I thought they were bigger. Dwarfed by all the companies who use their tech to make socs etc. Seems like they're charging too little (not that I'm going to complain about a decent priced smartphone if I ever buy one...LOL). Let me know when plans get to all you can eat and I don't have to pay for crap I don't want. Then I'll purchase a smartphone $80-110 a month is retarded. I may cough up for a TING plan shortly but I can wait for Tegra4 easily.[/citation]

They only produce IP they don't actually make anything tangible which means they can make a lot profit from there turnover. Compare the profits ARM are making to what AMD have just announced in their recent earnings call and then it just shows how impressive ARM are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.