Smartphone get better signal than Laptop

P0rn943

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
I have a wifi network setup at downstairs, while my room is at upperstairs. The problem is my smartphone receive the wireless signal from 2 bars to full bars, but Laptop which positioned the same with my smartphone get just 1 - 2 bars of the signal and the internet is unstable because of that. My Laptop wireless work just fine if I move it to downstairs which is close to the router.

I do some research and found that Laptop was supposed to get better signal than any smartphone. I just want to know why or maybe there's a way for my laptop receive the signal better than this, It's okay i just don't want to move my laptop every time i need to use it on-net.

My smartphone model: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100
My Laptop: Dell Xps 14z http://www.pcworld.com/product/1148860/dell-xps-14z-notebook.html

Please Respond!

Have a look in the wi-fi adapter's Properties in Control Panel>Device Manager. If there's a setting for Roaming, set it to Agressive. That doesn't mean it's going to hit you but it will allow it to look around the channel spectrum for signal. If there is a single setting for a channel - 11, say, see if you can change that to Roaming.