Smartphone Newcomer Icon Q Eyes Travel Market with $199 Q5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

xboxsurfer

Reputable
Mar 20, 2015
This is a fresh take, interesting.
Agreed about the battery but the other specs certainly are respectable (octa core, 2gb ram, good screen) esp at that price point

bzwaagstra

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
I suspect that battery time listed is talk time not standby time. If so then it would be plenty given my travel time is taken with business or sightseeing. And for most of the world (everything but North America and Eastern Europe) 3G is the most common. I could put my main US SIM is slot one and a local SIM purchased at the airport in slot 2. Data and outbound calls on SIM2 and home SIM1 allows me to be available if needed. So really, this phone is perfectly speced for a second 'travel' phone. I like it.

It doesn't speak well for a company that ships a new phone without Android 5. It makes one wonder how far behind it will be on updates. If they ever happen.

Also for a travelers phone it's not necessary to be slimmer and lighter to sacrifice useful features. Instead stand out. Make it bulkier to allow for a huge battery, ruggedized case for impact resistance and certified for dust, water (submersion) and snow resistance. Then you'll have a world travelers phone that stands out from the pack.

I can't imagine some extra rubber padding, seals and a larger batter adding much to the price. They are all dirt cheap to produce.

Rachid El Kachari

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
For $160 you better buy the Kolina K100+. It has a 5.5-inch (1920x1080p) display with an octa-core Mediatek MTK6592Turbo (2GHz) SoC. It runs Android 4.2.2 and offers 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. Rear camera :13 megapixels and 5 mp on the front camera. Antutu score of 33K. 3200 Mah battery.

And the design is really nice too

SamQ

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
Still too big. Why does everyone think they need a phone big enough to eat off of? If you want to watch movies, get off the d*** road and watch it on a big screen like real people.

Status
Not open for further replies.