Smoke and computers

PcNoob2988

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
Hello, I was wondering how much of an effect smoke has on computers. I recently moved in with my boyfriend into a studio apartment; he likes to grill with the screen open out front. When he does this it leaves the apartment with a haze of smoke. I am curious if this could cause issue to my computer. I don't want to bother him about it so if it can cause damage as I have read, how can I clean my pc to prevent damage?

Solution
Long term, yes, but then that is true for the whole apartment.

Fat from the grill will condense out of the air, leaving a thin film on surfaces; although the highest concentration will be along the walls where they meets the ceiling. (Makes redecorating fun).

Smoke contains soot, which is very fine particles of carbon, which is bad for you and well as anything electrical.

As an example, if you mount a tv on a chimney breast, and have even a gas fire in the fireplace, the TV warranty is void, as carbon from the burnt gas will settle inside and eventually cause short circuits.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Long term, yes, but then that is true for the whole apartment.

Fat from the grill will condense out of the air, leaving a thin film on surfaces; although the highest concentration will be along the walls where they meets the ceiling. (Makes redecorating fun).

Smoke contains soot, which is very fine particles of carbon, which is bad for you and well as anything electrical.

As an example, if you mount a tv on a chimney breast, and have even a gas fire in the fireplace, the TV warranty is void, as carbon from the burnt gas will settle inside and eventually cause short circuits.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS