Question Smoking PC after AIO Leak

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
This guy had his Deepcool AIO leak. He took it out and dried everything for 2-3Days and reassembled the PC with new Corsair AIO. But now when he turns it on it is Smoking. Think it is the PSU causing that smoke.
20220622_094115.jpg

What do you guys think. Please let me know what can be the cause.

This means, you have to clean it more thoroughly and if the coolant went into the PSU you have to open it and clean it, but only a expert can do that, as opening a PSU is dangerous, it’s charged with high currency unless completely discharged.
It is Lianli O11D the PSU is on other side. First I though it was PSU smoking. But after giving it a though. It was clear from where liquid dripped. So that shouldn't be the issue.

I can tell you personally that I worked as a tech in a school system for 2.5 years (I also have a bachelor’s degree for computers), this story dates back about 11 years now, way to make me feel old lol. But I found out I was losing my job in the school system at the time due to state budget cuts at the time. I was essentially a field tech because we were a department of 4 people that had to care for 8 buildings. So I decided at the time to apply for geek squad just to see if I could even get part time work. I think I intimidated the supervisor because he was slightly younger than I was at the time.

I later ended up doing tech support (not through them), and would end up fixing some systems where people had taken systems there that they couldn’t fix. I’ve heard stories as well. But they are a big company so there are probably a lot of techs who are highly professional and know what they are doing and probably some who have no business near a computer.

I can tell you personally that I worked as a tech in a school system for 2.5 years (I also have a bachelor’s degree for computers), this story dates back about 11 years now, way to make me feel old lol. But I found out I was losing my job in the school system at the time due to state budget cuts at the time. I was essentially a field tech because we were a department of 4 people that had to care for 8 buildings. So I decided at the time to apply for geek squad just to see if I could even get part time work. I think I intimidated the supervisor because he was slightly younger than I was at the time.

I later ended up doing tech support (not through them), and would end up fixing some systems where people had taken systems there that they couldn’t fix. I’ve heard stories as well. But they are a big company so there are probably a lot of techs who are highly professional and know what they are doing and probably some who have no business near a computer.
Yes. And BestBuy takes long. And what he told me is that BestBuy also goes through data for FBI to check and find anything suspicious. Don't know if they do.

Last edited:
Never have heard that. When I worked on things for home users I tried not to go through things unless there was a specific reason. I think there was one time we called the sheriff due to something we accidentally stumbled across. But it seemed like the best idea just to do the job and not look at any data unless they requested.