Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexj022

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Actually this should be posted somewhere else,but I have to ask.Does anyone smoke while playing games?And how many cigarettes do you smoke while gaming?I now I smoke 50% more.... :heink:

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Im not sure where you are but here in the states we now have cigs that go out by themselves. You will see a FSC by the bar code.
So now I light up 50% more as well.
I wonder if the BIC lighter company didnt have a hand in this to increase lighter sales.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
I have to alcohol soak my all my heatsinks about every 6months, wife and I both smoke, and she refuses to let her smoke burn anywhere but in an ashtray right at the front intake. That *** drives me bat *** crazy.

pinoynobello

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I used to all the time when i gamed. I used to also game the entire time i was awake during any given day. That would usually increase at least another pack a day with me.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I usually have a cigarette in my mouth while playing - the more intense the game is the more ash gathers on my table because I miss the ashtray :D

25-50% more cigarettes smoked while on the computer is not unusual for me.

I results in me having to "springclean" my machine at least 4 times a year. Smoking is really a big issue when your system is aircooled :heink:

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Hahaha, I clean my keyboard about once a month, by taking it apart and removing all the keys. My wife types about 120wpm, and starts complaining about the keys about 3 weeks after each cleaning from the ash/cathair/human skin buildups, heh.

Zalfir

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
I used to smoke about 10 cigarettes an hour until i felt nauseous and too tired to think, so for roughly 20-28 hours at a time. Then my lung collapsed. Now that I don't smoke as much (and still trying to quit), I'm alot dumber. My game has really suffered and complex geopolitical and roguelike rp games really confuse me now.
Seriously, someone needs to invent a version of nicotine that has all the awesome brain effects with none of the physical cell destructions. They will make a mint.
My computer has not suffered at all. The boards are caked with dust and my computer is open all the time, but nothing goes wrong. Maybe I'm just blessed.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Nicotine itself isn't harmful, it is the tar and carcinogens that kill ya. Try chewing gum or those nicotine lozenges. I lan occasionally at a friend's place, and his kid is allergic to smoke, so I substitute. It does the trick, thats for sure.

rekzek

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I smoke all the time while I game, I just don't track how many. The ashtray is pretty full by the time I'm done. Smoking & drinking vodka while gaming = good times ;)

alexj022

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Can`t drink while gaming.Loosing eye to hand coordination.Start killing friendly's,and the enemies,amount of them is doubled. :pt1cable:

kufan64

Distinguished
May 12, 2009

The product you just pitched already exists. They are commonly referred to as "electronic cigarettes" or "E-Cigs". Essentially it is a device that (usually) looks like a traditional cigarette, but the majority of the length of the device is actually a battery which powers a small heating coil (called an atomizer) which vaporizers a liquid that is stored in it's "filter" that contains nicotine. It feels like smoking, it looks like smoking, but it isn't.

There are NO known negative health effects of using an electronic cigarette. The "smoke" (which is actually just water vapor) isn't harmful, contains no carcinogens, and doesn't stink. You still get the nicotine you need without the cancer and second-hand smoke you don't want. You are still inhaling nicotine, which is addictive. Using a e-cig is also habit forming just like normal cigarettes and you will find yourself subconsciously reaching for it (if you are like me) like you do for your pack of cigarettes.

If you'd like to know more, please visit: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com
The community there is very nice, and would be glad to help you out.

There are also some good tutorial and FAQ videos on youtube.

Do yourself a favor and at least have a look at them. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you don't want to post in this thread about it.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009

I remember hearing about these a few years back (a canadian company at the time was attempting to market them) but haven't noticed them on any pharmacy shelves or any more advertising for them. I'm a cynical smoker, so I thank you greatly for this bit of info, looking into it as we speak. :D

dirtdiver

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I have never been a smoker--but am one of the unlucky fools who got into dip. Camel snus is actually makin it easier to quit, because it isn't very good dip for one--and two, I don't like it very much so I do it less.

When gaming, I usually have 2 beers sittin on the coasters between my monitors because it just works out that way. I do the majority of my dipping while at work in my office, because running a network is more of a pain than getting shot in games lol.

Yah, I'm from Maine--where Systems Admins dip in their offices...beautiful.

Zalfir

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009

Thanks for that, I'm looking into it now, I just wish we weren't capped. How come I always find the most interesting/relevent things when we're at 10kb/sec? The Goodies fan site yesterday and now the e-cigarette. I wonder if Australia's banned it, like they ban everything a politician doesn't have an investment in.

kufan64

Distinguished
May 12, 2009

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe they actually HAVE. I don't know the specifics of the law. Maybe they are just illegal to SELL and not necessarily to own or use, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The state of California also recently tried to pass a bill that would make them completely illegal in that state, but it was vetoed by the good ol' governator.

Status
Not open for further replies.