Smoking

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 7, 2018

It's not about discipline actually. It just becomes easier day by day. I don't have discipline at all :)

SumTingW0ng

Notable
Aug 6, 2017
My dad can't go on a day without smoking one cigarette. It seems like the nicotine drug is the problem of the addiction in tobacco product. This is the reason why I don't smoke.

Mar 7, 2018

So that's great for you. Never give up on your decision :wahoo:

SumTingW0ng

Notable
Aug 6, 2017

Thanks. I tried to help my dad to stop smoking cigarette, but he can't resist it because of the addiction. Tobacco needs nicotine in the cigarette to make people buy more and die more every year.

Mar 7, 2018

This is how capitalism works, dear.

SumTingW0ng

Notable
Aug 6, 2017

I guess you are right.

Jun 4, 2018
You just have to do it and that's it. Try to smoke less cigarettes every day and if you have a power of will it will work anyway. Good luck!

Jul 25, 2018
Well, that's good if you are willing to stop your smoking habit. One thing i want to say that everything is possible if you want to do it.

SumTingW0ng

Notable
Aug 6, 2017

Long term smokers will have a difficult time to quit smoking cigarettes due to the amount of nicotine drug inside the body trigger the addiction.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009

Alcohol doesn't have any chemicals in it... it's just alcohol.

Karadjgne

Titan
Herald
90% of smoking isn't the nicotine addiction, it's the motion addiction. Hand to mouth, so something with fingers, it's a routine ppl get used to. It's why some put on weight, they substitute the motions of smoking with the motions of eating, it's why some don't do well with vapes and others do etc. Those with non-addictive personality traits find quitting far easier, ppl with highly addictive personalities find quitting almost impossible. Breaking habits/routines requires something to think about, even chewing gum helps, the mind is distracted by the motion, the constant awareness that you need to chew.

bilalmk95

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
Wow...that are some great advises. I have stopped smoking in the past but my question is all my friends and office colleagues smoke regularly and I hangout with them most of the time. Now, I have started it again. It is not like I have an un-stoppable urge to smoke. It is just that I feel lazy and depressed when I quit smoking.

When I smoke it gives me a boost of energy and I complete my tasks on time. Even though I don't like the taste of the smoke but I need to smoke in order to get office work done. I know it sound lame but unfortunately it is that way :(

ASK THE COMMUNITY