Smooth Performance

NeshFirenze

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
I'm not a very tech guy but I would like to upgrade something on my laptop to run it run smooth and faster since I do both Programming and Gaming with my laptop. I'm using Asus GL553VD i5-7300HQ @ 2.5Ghz, 8Gb ram, and 1TB HD. Any suggests what should I upgrade? I'm planning to add an SSD and add another 8Gb of ram but I'm not sure whether it will help performs better or just give me the same result.

For reference: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...337.75367084.1558085459-1948945947.1515597395

I assume the SSD you're planning to install is M.2 form factor? This way it would be possible to have an M.2 SSD and the 1TB HDD. Otherwise it looks like an HDD replacement.

That aside it depends what is limiting performance of the software you're using. If data you require is placed to the page file, then additional RAM will help.

A SSD will only reduce load times for the most part.

I'm not a very tech guy but I would like to upgrade something on my laptop to run it run smooth and faster since I do both Programming and Gaming with my laptop. I'm using Asus GL553VD i5-7300HQ @ 2.5Ghz, 8Gb ram, and 1TB HD. Any suggests what should I upgrade? I'm planning to add an SSD and add another 8Gb of ram but I'm not sure whether it will help performs better or just give me the same result.

You won't see much gaming improvement past programs loading quicker. Everything else will be faster overall with an SSD, not so much with another 8 GB of RAM.