Question Smoothest 30fps possible with nvidia control panel?

Oct 13, 2022
I've used riva statistics tuner and found nvidia control panel is better for 30fps low latency and no screen tearing. (Imo)
I've been trying all different settings,.the best I've got for smoothness at 30fps (AC Oddesy) is low latency set to on with vsync set to fast

I'm aiming for smoother 30fps if possible, any suggestions/recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

If by smooth you mean consistent frame time, then a frame rate limiter with low latency set to off (unless you can ensure your CPU can never go over the frame time), with VSync. This prevents the GPU from rendering outside of a 33.3ms window, allows for some buffering in case of hitches, and makes sure the GPU doesn't present a frame before the screen reaches its VBlank period.

Fast Sync doesn't do anything unless the FPS well above your monitor's refresh rate.

Reactions: CoNNOne
That game is very cpu reliant. I would try using high performance power setting in windows to keep the cpu at max performance. I agree with Hotaru, I would shut off low latency it actually limits how many frames you can produce. Also, have you tried using MSI Afterburner to overclock your gpu? I would try to squeeze every bit of performance you can out of your 1070 . Afterburner (msi.com) If you have good cooling on your cpu you can check in your bios to see if it has an option to boost a non k processor turbo rate.

Reactions: CoNNOne