[SOLVED] Smps dead while gaming

Nov 8, 2018
My pc is fx 6300 mb ga78lmts2pt 2 hd 8gb ram radeon 7750 gpu all running well for years. But I just update gtx 660 and while playing game daily only 2 hours 2 local smps dead. I realise that these smps are weak I take a corsair vs 650 but it is also dead in 2days while playing game. I just not understand why this happen?

Solution
UPS should not be plugged into the "electronics switchboard". And I doubt that plugging the smps into the UPS is recommended.

And the switchboard does not seem to have any ratings as far a voltages and watts. It listed "surge protector" but I am skeptical about that. And only one review from over a year ago. Not good either.

Overall three comments:

1) I believe you are overloading the electrical circuit with too many devices.

2) And some of those devices should not even be connected together in the manner shown in your diagram.

3) In addition, I am concerned about the quality of those devices as well even if properly connected.

If the setup is already burning things and causing smells those are warnings that your electrical...

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about your use of "smps".

However, "running well for years" may be a clue.

Unfortunately, an older PSU may fail if the load placed upon it is suddenly increased.

And that may be what happened when you added the gtrx 660.

But, just to be certain please add some update with respect to "smps" and what you mean. Just to clarify especially if I am not understanding the problem.

Nov 8, 2018
I buy gtx 660 used from aliexpress and smps is changed 2month old which is clarian jm 620 500 watt and after circle 400 watt it is well when I use in idle no problem for week but when is played game it dead just dead in 2 or 3 days I realise that smps is weak I test on corsair vs 650 smps in 3days of game play it again dead with patak sound and with smell. I want to know that corsair vs 650 has overheat, over current, lower current protection then why it is not shut down just just dead all smps has same problem while gaming dead in 2 or three days between gaming sudden shut down and not boot up

Ralston18

Titan
Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) "PSU"

What AC voltage are you plugging into?

If the following link shows matches your SMPS (PSU), you should be using 220 volts.

https://www.clarioncomputers.in/product/jm-620/

Have the power outlet checked.

Ralston18

Titan
And your home voltage is 220-240v? And the circuit that you are plugging into is also 220-240v.

How are you connecting the power devices?

For example:

Wall outlet ----->UPS ------>SNMP -----> Computer

Any surge protectors? Any other devices plugged in along the way?

Nov 8, 2018
No wait before using intex ups it is connected in home inverter of house which is su kam 800 va two smps clarian 500watt and circle 400 watt and after corsair vs 650 watt it connected in 2pin wall outlet---electronic board-----ups and fridge-------smps----computer. But when I connect pc I disconnect fridge. But may other family member connect both while using

Ralston18

Titan
Refrigerators should not be plugged into a UPS but, overall I am not sure that I understand the complete series of connections that you have made.

For the moment you are just destroying PSUs (SMPS) but sooner or later something else is going to happen. A fire, someone gets shocked, and/or you destroy even more devices.

I strongly recommend that you get a knowledgeable electrician to look at your home power situation/setup. Make sure that your basic wiring is correct and safe.

Then read the installation and operation instructions for all devices very carefully. Connect and be very sure to follow the guidelines and warnings.

What you are currently doing is not safe. Get it fixed.

Nov 8, 2018
Wall oulet-------> 2pin electronics switchboard(multiple socket)----->ups and fridge-------> and smps plug in ups------>computer
Electronic switchboard example ups has multiple socket 3 or 4 for power cable of smps, monitor, printer same this electronics switchboard has where you I connect separate ups and fridge and fridge is not connected in ups.
https://compare.buyhatke.com/price/shri-krishna-spike-guard-surge-protectors-shri-krishna-bahul-power-strip-extension-multi-outlet-board-power-link-with-anchor-switches-4-socket-white-price-in-india-hatke14106841

Ralston18

Titan
UPS should not be plugged into the "electronics switchboard". And I doubt that plugging the smps into the UPS is recommended.

And the switchboard does not seem to have any ratings as far a voltages and watts. It listed "surge protector" but I am skeptical about that. And only one review from over a year ago. Not good either.

Overall three comments:

1) I believe you are overloading the electrical circuit with too many devices.

2) And some of those devices should not even be connected together in the manner shown in your diagram.

3) In addition, I am concerned about the quality of those devices as well even if properly connected.

If the setup is already burning things and causing smells those are warnings that your electrical system and the components you have are not safe.

Other warnings yet to happen: people shocked, burned, or something catches or starts a fire.

You, your family, and your home is at risk.

Get an certified electrician to look at your power requirements and current arrangement.

Solution