SMPS Without Earthing pin

pruthviraj

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
I recently purchased and assembled my desktop machine. I purchase Gigabyte Superb E620 GENUINE 600Watt SMPS 600W, But the main power supply cable comes with a plug having only two pins. Earthing pin is missing.

I would like to know that will there be any issue with this plug, as I cam to know that three pin plug is the standard and two pin plug may cause current to pass on outside walls of my cabinet and may cause failure of hard disk, ram or even graphics card.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Solution
You are right on all accounts. One thing that you didn't mention is that YOU can get fried out as well. The 3 prong plug is nothing more than a safety precaution. To replace it with a plug that has the grounding pin would be extremely inexpensive. To protect your system and yourself I highly recommend that you do it.
You are right on all accounts. One thing that you didn't mention is that YOU can get fried out as well. The 3 prong plug is nothing more than a safety precaution. To replace it with a plug that has the grounding pin would be extremely inexpensive. To protect your system and yourself I highly recommend that you do it.

Solution