News Snag Radeon RX 6700 XT and Ryzen 9 5950X on Latest Newegg Shuffle

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I have months worth of "you weren't selected" and "you almost got it" emails from Newegg Shuffles. Buying from the store has yielded cart errors, checkout errors, and even a successful 3070 order that was cancelled shortly afterwards because of stock issues. I've gotten zero from Newegg. The opportunity is an illusion.

GenericUser

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
I have months worth of "you weren't selected" and "you almost got it" emails from Newegg Shuffles. Buying from the store has yielded cart errors, checkout errors, and even a successful 3070 order that was cancelled shortly afterwards because of stock issues. I've gotten zero from Newegg. The opportunity is an illusion.

I had a friend just a few days ago enter the shuffle for his first time ever, not really knowing what it was nor even aware of the massive chip shortages going on as of late and won a 6700XT. He didn't even want it or need it, and thought it was some raffle for a free card or something. He was asking me if he should even buy it. The irony.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Giroro

Splendid
Yesterday's shuffle put two different MSI mice in the same bundle, so It's not much of a surprise they want you to raffle for the chance to buy a 6700XT pushing into the $800 range.

CerianK

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
I had to go out for several hours and just found I missed the entire Shuffle today. On the plus side, by the time I have a real opportunity to buy a 5950X, there will likely be a refresh that will be equally unavailable.

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
This is backfiring on Newegg, and I feel bad about it.
A lottery to win the privilege of buying something usually unattainable and not grotesquely marked up by Newegg (although marked up by the manufacturer) sounds like a great idea. That is until you spend lots of time,energy and finger crossing only to be told "you weren't selected.."
Now I find myself not even opening Newegg's relentless "great deals" emails.
I find myself "selecting" Newegg less and less.

Reactions: bigdragon

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I wish Newegg would show stats on number of entries vs winners.

I think they should apply weighting to entries based on the age of the account. I'll bet they have a bazillion accounts less than a few months old with scalpers and miners behind them.

Reactions: bigdragon

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
A lottery to win the privilege of buying something usually unattainable and not grotesquely marked up by Newegg (although marked up by the manufacturer) sounds like a great idea. That is until you spend lots of time,energy and finger crossing only to be told "you weren't selected.."
This is precisely why for the first time in 25 yrs of building my own gaming rigs, I decided to go the prebuilt route. I got sick and tired watching scalpers and bots buying up inventory that could have gone straight to the consumer instead.

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
This is precisely why for the first time in 25 yrs of building my own gaming rigs, I decided to go the prebuilt route. I got sick and tired watching scalpers and bots buying up inventory that could have gone straight to the consumer instead.
Its getting to be prebuilt or wait as the only two viable options.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I think you're right. I hear coworkers and friends share the same complaints. My response is always to alter your buying habits. Newegg wouldn't sell me a GPU? Then they don't get to sell me a laser projector either. Best Buy wouldn't sell me a GPU? Bought my washer and dryer from Lowes instead. Asus going crazy with prices? Adata and Tp-Link are just fine, thanks. EVGA can't be bothered to prioritize their notify queue? Hey, Seasonic, show me what you got!
I wish Newegg would show stats on number of entries vs winners.

I think they should apply weighting to entries based on the age of the account. I'll bet they have a bazillion accounts less than a few months old with scalpers and miners behind them.
More transparency would be nice. Some people seem to get selected repeatedly, which seems wrong. Some sort of "bad luck protection" -- for people like me who have been entering for months without being selected once -- would also be nice.

Reactions: ClapTrapper