Snapdragon 820’s Zeroth Neural Chip Will Intuitively Block Malware On Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerepairman1

Reputable
May 22, 2015
I'm curious how it goes with illogical programming of an app. Would it be detected as malware or would it let it pass the screening?

InvalidError

Titan
Not sure why a "neural chip" is necessary to prevent SMS getting sent or photos to get taken without user interaction or while the screen is locked. How hard can it be to lock out SMS/photo capabilities when there is no hardware activity on the touch-screen, hardware buttons or a locked screen?

While there may be uses for neural processing, that particular example sounds like swatting flies using 20mm shells.

dgingeri

Distinguished
I have a program on my smartphone, AutoGuard Pro, that can take movies while the screen is locked, to act as a dashcam for the car. (It's actually a secondary program from the main one that does the recording while the screen is locked.) This sort of thing would block that, forcing me to use the full version of the program and leave the screen unlocked while driving, sometimes up to an hour and a half. That's troublesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.