Attila

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004

My Logitec Optical mouse drives me crazy. It behaves as if the SnapTo
function is selected (Start,Settings, ControlPanel, Mouse,
PointerOptions, SnapTo checkbox) but it is not checked.

I verified that the Registry has the proper key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
"SnapToDefaultButton"="0"

It is still jumping, regardless of the driver used (original Microsoft
or Logitec's (mw9791enu.exe).

My computer runs WinXP SP2 with all the current patches, the mouse is
USB and Ialso tried it as PS2 using the adapter that came with it).

Did anyone see such behavior? Does anyone know how to stop the SnapTo?

TIA

Mike

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just a thought, have you tried selecting the box click apply, then remove
the tick and click apply. Does it make any difference.

Neil
<attila@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Logitec Optical mouse drives me crazy. It behaves as if the SnapTo
> function is selected (Start,Settings, ControlPanel, Mouse,
> PointerOptions, SnapTo checkbox) but it is not checked.
>
> I verified that the Registry has the proper key
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
> "SnapToDefaultButton"="0"
>
> It is still jumping, regardless of the driver used (original Microsoft
> or Logitec's (mw9791enu.exe).
>
> My computer runs WinXP SP2 with all the current patches, the mouse is
> USB and Ialso tried it as PS2 using the adapter that came with it).
>
> Did anyone see such behavior? Does anyone know how to stop the SnapTo?
>
> TIA
>
> Mike

Neil,

Thank you. I tried and it made no difference.

Mike

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:30:16 GMT, "neil" <neilp_67@hot_mail.com
(remove_s)> wrote:

>Just a thought, have you tried selecting the box click apply, then remove
>the tick and click apply. Does it make any difference.
>
>Neil
><attila@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> My Logitec Optical mouse drives me crazy. It behaves as if the SnapTo
>> function is selected (Start,Settings, ControlPanel, Mouse,
>> PointerOptions, SnapTo checkbox) but it is not checked.
>>
>> I verified that the Registry has the proper key
>>
>> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
>> "SnapToDefaultButton"="0"
>>
>> It is still jumping, regardless of the driver used (original Microsoft
>> or Logitec's (mw9791enu.exe).
>>
>> My computer runs WinXP SP2 with all the current patches, the mouse is
>> USB and Ialso tried it as PS2 using the adapter that came with it).
>>
>> Did anyone see such behavior? Does anyone know how to stop the SnapTo?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Mike

TRENDING THREADS