Sndvol32 exe download

gavin 50

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hello, I have looked in the c:\windows\system32\dllcache and there aint no sndvol32 exe file in there either - where can I actually download the exe file where the thing get put into the right place and gets my speakers going again without too much of the rocket scientist stuff?

Many

sndvol32.exe should be in c:\windows\system32. It's strange if it's disappeared or moved but that's where to put a copy when you find one. As you can't be sure what will creep in under the RADAR with a download, try to take a copy from a friend's system on to a flash drive.

Alternatively, pop in your XP CD, open a Command Prompt from the Start>Run box and run the command sfc /scannow (including the space) to let the System File Checker replace any missing files with fresh ones expanded from the CD.

On the windows CD \i386 folder or \i386 folder on your HDD.

I came close to posting that but on checking, find I don't have one - either floating loose in there or in c:\i386\system32.

I get the impression the OP has posted elsewhere previously but rather than let him risk a download, if he PM's me with an e-mail address, I'll attach a copy to a reply.