SNES Classic Pre-Orders Will Start In Late August

Status
Not open for further replies.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I went to JBHIFI (Australia) to ask and possibly pre-order a snes classic in late June this year. They were taking pre-orders and said Nintendo authorised them to allow 8000 pre-orders or until told to stop. I was in the 9000s in the orders!

Release date on receipt is 30/9

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Milking the customers.

I don't get it. What so hard is getting the Vitural console up and running on the Switch and sell each game from the NES and SNES library for $5 a piece?

This is why I didn't buy the WiiU and not touching the Switch. The lack of Killer Instinct and Chrono Trigger just kills it for me with all the legal IP nonsence. Ill stick with my emulators. Tired of spending money over and over for the same thing.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Just buy an old SNES, you should be able to find some for about the same cost or less. Don't have a CRT TV? Check Craigslist, people give them away for free all the time, because it costs money to recycle them, so no one does. You'd be surprised how cheap some old game carts go for.

hotsacoman

Honorable
Feb 21, 2016
This is akin to AMD right now. Release a piece of hardware in late August that is competitive to last year's offerings from NVIDIA.

teknomedic

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
@Thundervore

Killer Instinct is a Rare IP which Microsoft now owns. The arcade versions of KI and KI 2 are available as bonuses if you buy the more complete versions of KI3 on Xbox One. You can even play them on PC Win10 PCs.

N64 KI Gold is available in the Rare Replay game for Xbox One as well.

ddferrari

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010

Why do you think a CRT TV is necessary? The SNES hooks up through a coaxial RF antenna input- which all TVs have.

dstarr3

Distinguished

HDTVs need to upscale the 240p signal coming from a SNES which adds input lag in addition to the input lag already associated with most HDTVs. Maybe you'd notice it, maybe you wouldn't, but if you're okay with horrendous input lag, you may as well just emulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.