'Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3' Delayed (Again) To April 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam1275tom

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014
It's actually a good act instead of slam the buggy version to players.
I got enough to bugs in games, they are worse than the worst enemy in game.

WhyAreYou

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Delayed again, if it has bugs on release I'm gonna flip lol
li3a.png

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

You might as well lose it right now then. Complex software will be released with bugs. Even if games started costing $5000 each to pay for NASA quality development, some bugs may still get through.

I expect it might be a nightmare. From what I saw playing the beta, it still has many scripted events as if it were a linear shooter and not an open world. If you didn't approach in a very specific manner, certain enemies didn't render at all from more than 150 meters away which is 'no bueno' in a sniper game.

Without intelligent design compensating for the fact that you could literally approach from multiple angles, I expect a lot of frustration from players.

CD Project Red's first open world outting, Witcher 3, saw compromises for this by putting loot in every possible nook and cranny (not to mention a long list of bugs, crashes, etc).

Good luck with a stealthy sniper game from developers that lack crisp writing and technical know-how to compensate. Looking to the history books, any dev team's first open world outting is a gamble.

I liked the crafting / drone play, and the general idea with tracking and so on, so I really hope it turns out all right. I followed many of the dev's replies in forums and I really got a sense that they're learning as they go (at least on the PC side of things), so take that however you like. Good feedback and listening to their fans is a plus as long as its not a design by committee.

If there's enough there, support them with a purchase, so the next one can be even better (not interested in WW2 sniping).

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I was part of the beta testing, and yea, there were some simple bugs. I'm not a programmer, so I'm not sure how long they would take to fix. I'm actually really excited for this game. They are leaning heavily on the Farcry theme of open world, base camps, etc, which I like. Playing Mad Max right now, which kinda has the same idea.
I also very rarely buy or play games when they first come out. One, because of the bugs. As Jeff FX says, every game will have bugs when released. And two, I hate the way game developers are releasing games and then added stuff later on. I have no interest in playing a game more than once. I want to play the whole thing when I get started.

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Im so done with this game. Ive been watching videos and i saw one where a guy could see an enemy sniper with his binoculars but not with his scope.

Then he shot someone from 150m away and they instantly pinpointed his position and started firing.

It looks really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.