Sniper: Ghost Warrior (Steam) fails to launch

randymorg05_58

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
I just loaded Sniper Ghost Warrior uisng steam as a lauch platform. Bought it through steam. It will not launch. It shows that the process is running, but not the application. When I go into steam the next day it shows it played for hours. Maybe the Ghost Warrior is playing (little humor)

Any ideas? I am running Windows XP My graphics card is mediocre at best, but seams to run games like Half life 2 and Dead Space fine.

randymorg05_58

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
I believe I am on my way to solving this. I tried manually activating the game through steam using the activation code stored in my registry. It showed as an incative code. I have contacted the game manufacturer to see if I can get an active code. We shall see if this works. I have read in other forums that this was possible with the same exact problem The applcation runs for 10 seconds and then stops, but the process keeps on running.

If I am successful I will post again and close out this thread.

JoeC1954

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
I played on my computer for hours. I was two-thirds through and then all of a sudden the game will no longer launch. I have tried everything, going through Steam and City Interactive. I just can't play the game any longer. I tried deleting all files and reinstalling three separate times and nothing. When I hit play, it reverts back to the desktop.

JoeC1954

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
For those of you out there with the same problem I was plagued with for two months. The inability of the program to Launch even though you had played it before. Apparently, Sniper Ghost Warrior/Steam deposits sniper files in directories other than the directory in which the game is found. These files apparently became corrupted and prevented the game from launching. Hit your start button in Windows and search for all files with "sniper" in the name. Once you have deleted them all and deleted Steam, reinstall the game via Steam and the game should play.

I had deleted the game/Steam four times and reinstalled them with no success. Once you delete A L L "Sniper" files, from everywhere on your computer, reinstall the game and you should be fine.