[SOLVED] Snipping off cables possible ?

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
So I recently found some argb AIO tube sleeves. Being the unicorn-vomit type beat pc enthusiast, I really want to get them. I did however have a little question about them,

The sleeves consist of ~30 leds and have two argb headers on each side. This is so that you can daisychain both of them to sync them together. However, the set also comes with an argb Y-cable, to split the signal. I'm aware that both sleeves will always show the same colors if I use that, but thats fine with me. At this point I'll be left with 2 argb plugs with still about 8-10 cm of cable on the other side of the sleeves, and those will probably be dangling loose around my waterpump. I'm sure its no biggie to just leave those there (If I cap them off), but I'm also sure that it'll be an awfull eye-sore! So I had the idea to snip off the daisychain-cables so that it looks cleaner, and then coat the tips of the leftover cable (keeping about 5mm of cable) with something like superglue or resin.

This is possible right? As far as I know: argb works with leds wired parallel from 5V and data to ground. Just decided to ask this before I completely wreck that set of sleeves when I get them.

Solution
So I recently found some argb AIO tube sleeves. Being the unicorn-vomit type beat pc enthusiast, I really want to get them. I did however have a little question about them,

The sleeves consist of ~30 leds and have two argb headers on each side. This is so that you can daisychain both of them to sync them together. However, the set also comes with an argb Y-cable, to split the signal. I'm aware that both sleeves will always show the same colors if I use that, but thats fine with me. At this point I'll be left with 2 argb plugs with still about 8-10 cm of cable on the other side of the sleeves, and those will probably be dangling loose around my waterpump. I'm sure its no biggie to just leave those there (If I cap them off), but I'm...

The sleeves consist of ~30 leds and have two argb headers on each side. This is so that you can daisychain both of them to sync them together. However, the set also comes with an argb Y-cable, to split the signal. I'm aware that both sleeves will always show the same colors if I use that, but thats fine with me. At this point I'll be left with 2 argb plugs with still about 8-10 cm of cable on the other side of the sleeves, and those will probably be dangling loose around my waterpump. I'm sure its no biggie to just leave those there (If I cap them off), but I'm also sure that it'll be an awfull eye-sore! So I had the idea to snip off the daisychain-cables so that it looks cleaner, and then coat the tips of the leftover cable (keeping about 5mm of cable) with something like superglue or resin.

This is possible right? As far as I know: argb works with leds wired parallel from 5V and data to ground. Just decided to ask this before I completely wreck that set of sleeves when I get them.
Why not, unless it's an antenna, wire does nothing if not connected to both ends.

Solution