News Snow White Borg Cube Is Ready To Assimilate Your Desktop

coromonadalix

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Resistance is futile, you will be ..... and buy the case

Cool but is there an darker version ? Oh ok there is .......... niiice just put an Entreprise ship nearby loll

Co BIY

Splendid
Foolish nostalgic decadence of a race who will beg to be assimilated just to stop the boredom of their tedious and meaningless lives ...

or just good clean fun!

I'd fire up my replicator (or 3D printer) for one but I don't think I would want to live with it long term. (Or have to make payments on my case).

The pictures need to have a cup of "Tea, hot, Earl Grey" sitting next to them.

Reactions: bit_user
D

Deleted member 14196

The whole resistance is futile, was first used by the Daleks

jtimouri

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
In the old days it used to be wonderful to peer into the guts of a radio and see the nightscape of tubes all lit up. I often thought a mass of tubes working away would make a great fireplace insert. Somehow RGB lighting or a video screen inside the PC case doesn't do it for me, but is the appeal similar to what I felt years ago?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Incandescent flicker/flame bulbs is what you are after then, a small array of them will produce a decent amount of heat and give you a clean naked flame look. Not exactly easy to come by, but way easier than large working vacuum tubes.

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
Somehow RGB lighting or a video screen inside the PC case doesn't do it for me, but is the appeal similar to what I felt years ago?
Agreed. I'm not into lighting just for the sake of aesthetics. However, I like the idea of functional lighting, such as to let you know how much I/O the system is doing and the CPU load.