[SOLVED] So 3080 10GB Vram or 20GB?

So theres that, we already know 20GB versions are on their way, is 10GB already obsolete? are they just trying to counter AMD? what gives? im still rocking a 980 with 4GB, (one in my sig only ships 07/10, theres time to cancel) so far it ran everything on ultra except resident evil 2 remake, wich demands more vram or it wont let us enable better textures, regardless, for a 1080p or 1440p user, would 10 be fine for like, 5 years or so? i always skip 2-3 generations, as long as the fps's are still good.

Solution
Vram is a performance issue, not a functional issue.
A minor one, I think, unless you are making game mods involving vram.
3080 10gb is really overkill for 1080P gaming and perhaps not even for 1440P.
3080 is designed for 4k gaming.

Your build is excellent and you are one of the lucky ones to score a 3080.
You may never be able to get another one if you cancel.
Your motherboard is supposed to support pcie 4.0, making vram transfers even quicker if necessary.
Keep what you have and spend your money elsewhere.
Vram is a performance issue, not a functional issue.
A minor one, I think, unless you are making game mods involving vram.
3080 10gb is really overkill for 1080P gaming and perhaps not even for 1440P.
3080 is designed for 4k gaming.

Your build is excellent and you are one of the lucky ones to score a 3080.
You may never be able to get another one if you cancel.
Your motherboard is supposed to support pcie 4.0, making vram transfers even quicker if necessary.
Keep what you have and spend your money elsewhere.

Solution
A lot of games still allocate on average around 5GB or less for 1440p. 4K doesn't really bump the VRAM requirements all that much. It may add up to another gigabyte or less.

And I emphasize "allocate" because that's just how much the game asked for. It doesn't mean that's how much the game will actually use.