So, applying new thermal paste should be cake work, right?

Solution
1. Use alcohol swabs to clean off the old thermal compound. 70% isopropyl alcohol may spill over on the CPU and create a problem.

2. Apply a pea sized drop of good thermal compound on the COP and spread it as evenly and as thinly as possible. Ditto for the heatsink base. Mate the parts and gradually tighten the hold down screws in a cross pattern. There is a tutorial on this website and also on other websites. (Arctic Silver website).
1. Use alcohol swabs to clean off the old thermal compound. 70% isopropyl alcohol may spill over on the CPU and create a problem.

2. Apply a pea sized drop of good thermal compound on the COP and spread it as evenly and as thinly as possible. Ditto for the heatsink base. Mate the parts and gradually tighten the hold down screws in a cross pattern. There is a tutorial on this website and also on other websites. (Arctic Silver website).

Solution

ty sir yea Imma be getting Arctic Silver compound

On their website they have some good detailed instructions. Since this is your first attempt do a dry run on a piece of metal just to see how the stuff behaves. And then clean off the stuff using alcohol swabs available at Walgreens and other pharmacies.

Good luck!

I did this last time and bent 3 pins....... Is it SUPPOSED to pull it right out of the socket? how can I make it not like SLAM out of the socket? last time I pulled heatink off, big bang.. then it came out.. i thought I had broke the clib that clips down the cpu before applying heatsink...

"I did this last time and bent 3 pins....... Is it SUPPOSED to pull it right out of the socket? how can I make it not like SLAM out of the socket? last time I pulled heatink off, big bang.. then it came out.. i thought I had broke the clib that clips down the cpu before applying heatsink..."

Before removing anything run the computer for about 10 minutes. This will warm up the CPU/heatsink; thus making removal a little easier. Then remove all the mounting screws, and gently hold the heatsink and twist it and rock it. Hope for the best!