[SOLVED] So basically i have a sapphire rx 470 gpu and it says i have r7 or something

Jul 25, 2020
So as i said i have a sapphire rx 470 card but it says i have a card which is part of the r7 series, i have a a10-9700 processor and before you say i am aware that it is also known as the r7, but it pops up on device manager in the display section. I have never owned this card before and i have also switched my monitors TWICE and it still hasn't fixed it. I have a decent wifi connection which is hardwired from my router to the back of my pc. I have tried to have it fixed once already but that didn't show up there for some reason. To add on to that, it says that the r7 card is primary/integrated in the amd radeon software and my sapphire rx 470 is discrete. Also i have tried deleting the drivers and re-installing them on the rx 470 but it still shows up as what i have just described.
Can anyone help, thanks

Solution
wait i just realised i have it plugged in via motherboard but the gpu plug doesnt have a vga plug but a load of hdmis, i do have a hdmi lead, should i connect it via hdmi

If you are connected to the motherboard you are not using the RX 470 video card, you need to plug in the monitor to the video card. This was stated in one of the first replies to you and I asked you several other times. Make sure you read the replies. I am guessing when you took the computer to your friends house he connected his monitor to the right connection, on the RX 470 card.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-i-have-r7-or-something.3631087/post-21884419...
Jul 25, 2020
that's normal it is simply what the driver identifies your card to the system as.

the r9-270 series only listed itself as r9-200 series. it's not big deal and means nothing to performance or anything like that.
Its not right because i get barely ANY fps on 25% 3d resolution and all low fps on fn
also it cant be normal bc i went to get it fixed and at his house, he plugged in the pc, and he was getting 200fps on pretty much all high settings with 100% 3d resolution , and the r7 graphics card never popped up on his setup for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
ok i see what you are saying now. you need to go into the BIOS and disable the igp of the A10. it can be called many things in the BIOS but normally it is something like integrated graphics or onboard graphics. disable it which should enable the pcie slot from then on.

you should have the monitor plugged into the gpu and not the motherboard once you do this. it should be outputting from the card now and allowing it to run at full potential.

Reactions: ClixvyFN
Jul 25, 2020
ok i see what you are saying now. you need to go into the BIOS and disable the igp of the A10. it can be called many things in the BIOS but normally it is something like integrated graphics or onboard graphics. disable it which should enable the pcie slot from then on.

you should have the monitor plugged into the gpu and not the motherboard once you do this. it should be outputting from the card now and allowing it to run at full potential.
Thank you so much i have been playing on potato graphics for since i got in in 2018 i will try tommorow and let u know if it worked or not, oh and btw to get in bios is it delete key

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
just use the outputs from the card and not from the motherboard.

but this is after you get into BIOS and turn off the cpu integrated graphics. turn it of after the change, move the monitor from the motherboard to the gpu outputs and the start it back up.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no. your gpu should be sticking out of the back of the case like everything else. it will be below the motherboard outputs. it should be obvious as there will be more video outputs there like the ones on the motherboard.

that's the one you want to use and not the ones at the top of the case with the usb ports and such.

Jul 25, 2020

but this is after you get into BIOS and turn off the cpu integrated graphics. turn it of after the change, move the monitor from the motherboard to the gpu outputs and the start it back up.
soz to keep this so long but i have a PRIME A320M-K (AM4) motherboard and asus bios i think, how to i get to intergrated graphics

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you are already plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard then, your problem is not having to set it to pcie mode. it's already there since you are getting a signal from it.

can you post a screenshot of your device manager with the display adapters showing so i can see what you are seeing?

Jul 25, 2020

if you are already plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard then, your problem is not having to set it to pcie mode. it's already there since you are getting a signal from it.

can you post a screenshot of your device manager with the display adapters showing so i can see what you are seeing?
how do i screenshot?? lol im so bad with computers

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i use the snipping tool built into windows. type "snipping tool" into the search bar and it will pop up. once you save the snip, upload it to something like imgr and post the link here.

one with the display adapters opened and another with the properties window on the driver tab would be helpful.

Jul 25, 2020
i use the snipping tool built into windows. type "snipping tool" into the search bar and it will pop up. once you save the snip, upload it to something like imgr and post the link here.

one with the display adapters opened and another with the properties window on the driver tab would be helpful.
kk

Jul 25, 2020

i have snipped it and put it in my files, how do i send it u soz, im so sorry btw that this wasn't done like 3 weeks ago lol im so bad with pc's but ur so good

There is nothing wrong with the Device Manager it's showing you exactly what is installed in the system. Does your friend also have an A series CPU and same motherboard? You can set the default video card in the Radeon software, should be a setting to select "use this card as the primary".

Jul 25, 2020
There is nothing wrong with the Device Manager it's showing you exactly what is installed in the system. Does your friend also have an A series CPU and same motherboard? You can set the default video card in the Radeon software, should be a setting to select "use this card as the primary".
no its on the same pc and why is an r7 showing up i have real poo fps

no its on the same pc and why is an r7 showing up i have real poo fps

This is getting things confusing even more, when you say on the same PC do you mean you took your PC to your friends house and there it did not show the dual cards but it does at your house? Or he tested the card on his computer and he has the same CPU as yours? You did not answer the other question, is your video cable in the motherboard or the RX 470 card?