So I bought my new processor

AMD A8-5600K APU 3.6Ghz Processor AD560KWOHJBOX http://www.amazon.com/AMD-A8-5600K-3-6Ghz-Processor-AD560KWOHJBOX/dp/B0095VPAVE/ref=sr_1_2?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1382300408&sr=1-2&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&tag=shopamd-20 is the replacement I bought for the AMD Athlon X2 340 .... is this a good upgrade??

Specs

OS- Win 7

MOBO- BIOSTAR A55ML2

CPU- AMD Athlon x2 340 Dual core (current) AMD A8-5600K APU 3.6 Ghz Quad Core (my upgrade, get it friday)

GPU- Geforce GT 520

Memory- 6 gb

are these good specs (with the new processor)???? basically the my new computer is CRAP... with getting the new processor will it be better or are the other specs also bad???

MD1987

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
You say it's crap, what are you trying to do with it? That GPU is a bit old, so if you are gaming that might be your issue.

Going to a quad core from dual core will certainly help, though.

lol im not looking to game at high-end graphics like BF3 or anything.. I play a FPS called Soldier Front 2 that Im able to play at highest graphics with the GT 520.. the vid card is just fine for what I do with it.. its a major upgrade from my AMD Radeon HD 4300/4500 series.. all my games run super smooth with the 520 only problem is the AMD dual core hits 100% cpu usage while playing so it lags the game..thats why I upgraded processor.. so with these new specs... is it a DECENT low/mid level gaming pc?

The A8-5600k has four cores that boost to 3.9Ghz, compared to Athlon's only two cores that boost to 3.6Ghz

So the A8 is significantly better than the Athlon. It's still somewhat lacking in performance for games though...

The GT 520 is not very good either, so overall there won't be much of an improvement.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Scrapping the bottom of the gaming barrel sadly.

That video card is not for gaming.

The graphic cores of the APU is better than the GT 520 if you pair it up with proper RAM. So there is no point keeping the GT 520.

BTW, are you in USA?

lol the gt 520 has 2gb dedicated ram the onboard APU/GPU is only 512 mb dedicated :/ .. not saying your wrong.. I know SOME things but this doesnt seem like it would be better than the GPU.. also like I said the 520 is perfectly fine for what im doing at the HIGHEST graphics... my only prob was the processor and yes.. Ohio

IAMEXTREME

Honorable

Jason is probably right. But still, sooner or later, you have to change your GPU.

well yea when the time comes I will.. but tis not like IM trying to play BF3 or COD.. these games arent that graphic intensive.. I can play my game on highest w the 520.. but it lags HARD bcuz processor is slow and stupid.. also the 520 is my upgrade to my AMD Radeon 4300/4500.. so either way its an upgrade from what I had (which played my games fine on low/med graphics) this new one can play my games on high graphics, as long as this new processor is faster and dont hit 100% cpu usage

not for intense gaming... for my games it more than enough

o_O bro... I know the graphics card isnt great but its good for what IIIIMMMMMM doin w it lol.... but yea I know its not high end gaming.... thats not what Im looking for.. Im gamiing on a budget and the 520 is fine for my game... like i said.. again.. the processor was my only prob Im not lagging cuz of GPU.. Im lagging cuz of 100% CPU usage....... thanks though for the opinion.. but I already know my GPU isnt all that..

well for now Im keeping the 520 as it fits my needs but for future purchase's for this system.. id say about 100$

IAMEXTREME

Honorable

I don't think upgrading Ram is more important than upgrading a GPU. If he's running a 6GB 1333MHz DDR3, upgrading to 8GB 1600MHz won't make much of a difference.