Question So I bought the Fractal Design Ion SFX 650 (unbox)

g-unit1111

Titan
This is my first unboxing thread so I decided to do it on the unit that's going to power my new ITX PC that I'm building. This looks like a very nice, high quality unit that should match or beat the Corsair SF600 that's in the other ITX PC in my house. Here we go. We got the box.

o53jW17.jpg

Already this thing is really heavy which tells you that it's a quality supply. It's Seasonic manufactured so you know it's already better than most of the competition. Next up: The bag.

1Fy9FSg.jpg

All the classic ATX cables are represented. Since this thing is going into a Node 202, that mounting bracket won't get used. Next up - the actual unit itself. It's a very nice, heavy, well built unit so I can't wait to see how this thing will power my RTX 2070. It also comes in a bag that says "thank you for choosing Fractal Design" on the inside:

5q6dgY7.jpg

WScvobC.jpg

Now for the actual unit itself. Here's how it looks from the front (switch side):

4NhdS9I.jpg

And now the back (cable side):

kQlucKU.jpg

And finally the fan side. I don't want to post the inside because I don't want to void the warranty. But this is what the fan side looks like:

aC1nXDF.jpg

This looks like a very nice, high quality unit that should match or beat the Corsair SF600 that's in the other ITX PC in my house.

Except the SF600 is an actual SFX PSU. This is an SFX-L.

Already this thing is really heavy which tells you that it's a quality supply. It's Seasonic manufactured so you know it's already better than most of the competition.

Neither of these are particularly factual. ;-) Weight does not mean quality. Seasonic does not mean "the best".

g-unit1111

Titan
Except the SF600 is an actual SFX PSU. This is an SFX-L.

What's the difference? Just weight and volume or something else?

Neither of these are particularly factual. ;-) Weight does not mean quality. Seasonic does not mean "the best".

Yeah that is true, I've seen a lot of crappy units and I'm sure even the best manufacturers are not prone to making crap units. I was debating between this and the SF600. I should check and make sure it fits my case before I start using it.