So I bought the FX5900...

And the thing needs a spare connection to the power supply, which I
don't have, so I guess I will be going to the shops tomorrow. It is
running now with the fan off, so I will make this brief as I don't
want to leave my PC on for too long.

What I'm interested in is: does anyone know of a way to get
motherboard monitor to show the GPU temp? I see on MBM's website that
someone has done it for their GeForce Titanium, anyone done it on an
FX? I realise I can see the card's temp on its driver page, but that
is a bit fiddly for me (it's at 45 C right now).

"GaryM" <gmcqueen@lineon.net> wrote in message
> And the thing needs a spare connection to the power supply, which I
> don't have, so I guess I will be going to the shops tomorrow. It is
> running now with the fan off, so I will make this brief as I don't
> want to leave my PC on for too long.
>
> What I'm interested in is: does anyone know of a way to get
> motherboard monitor to show the GPU temp? I see on MBM's website that
> someone has done it for their GeForce Titanium, anyone done it on an
> FX? I realise I can see the card's temp on its driver page, but that
> is a bit fiddly for me (it's at 45 C right now).

Generally, the fan won't come on unless you start playing games (I can hear
mine 'wump' up then, otherwise, there's no need for it, staring at a text
screen isn't pushing it..

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:24:35 +0100, "huLLy" <hully@despammed.com>
wrote:

>"GaryM" <gmcqueen@lineon.net> wrote in message
>> And the thing needs a spare connection to the power supply, which I
>> don't have, so I guess I will be going to the shops tomorrow. It is
>> running now with the fan off, so I will make this brief as I don't
>> want to leave my PC on for too long.
>>
>> What I'm interested in is: does anyone know of a way to get
>> motherboard monitor to show the GPU temp? I see on MBM's website that
>> someone has done it for their GeForce Titanium, anyone done it on an
>> FX? I realise I can see the card's temp on its driver page, but that
>> is a bit fiddly for me (it's at 45 C right now).
>
>Generally, the fan won't come on unless you start playing games (I can hear
>mine 'wump' up then, otherwise, there's no need for it, staring at a text
>screen isn't pushing it..

Well I underclocked the card as far as it will go and it is stable at
55 C using just passive cooling, which will do for now I guess. Can't
wait to get that fan going so I can play games.