[SOLVED] So I found that the latest AMD chipset drivers are causing issues..

muralikris.b

Reputable
Sep 6, 2018
So I Installed the latest 3.10.08.506 chipset drivers for my 5800x on Windows 11. My games run fine for 1 to 2 hours. The issue starts after that where all my games start stuttering at regular intervals (probably every 10 secs or so, I can clearly see a pattern in the gpu usage graph). After a lot of troubleshooting I figured that when I uninstall the chipset drivers the stuttering issue goes away. Is anyone else facing this issue with your Zen 3 processors with the latest chipset update?. The new drivers are supposed to fix the L3 latency issues along with the preferred core bug in win 11 but at least for me it seems like it is creating more problems than fixing them!.. FYI, I have checked the temps for all components and all seem to be fine..

Spec:
5800x OC to 4.8 Ghz
2x8GB 3000Mhz
RTX 3080 OC
Asus STRIX B550-F Gaming
Windows 11 running latest build no 22000.376

Solution
So I Installed the latest 3.10.08.506 chipset drivers for my 5800x on Windows 11. My games run fine for 1 to 2 hours. The issue starts after that where all my games start stuttering at regular intervals (probably every 10 secs or so, I can clearly see a pattern in the gpu usage graph). After a lot of troubleshooting I figured that when I uninstall the chipset drivers the stuttering issue goes away. Is anyone else facing this issue with your Zen 3 processors with the latest chipset update?. The new drivers are supposed to fix the L3 latency issues along with the preferred core bug in win 11 but at least for me it seems like it is creating more problems than fixing them!.. FYI, I have checked the temps for all components and all seem...
So I Installed the latest 3.10.08.506 chipset drivers for my 5800x on Windows 11. My games run fine for 1 to 2 hours. The issue starts after that where all my games start stuttering at regular intervals (probably every 10 secs or so, I can clearly see a pattern in the gpu usage graph). After a lot of troubleshooting I figured that when I uninstall the chipset drivers the stuttering issue goes away. Is anyone else facing this issue with your Zen 3 processors with the latest chipset update?. The new drivers are supposed to fix the L3 latency issues along with the preferred core bug in win 11 but at least for me it seems like it is creating more problems than fixing them!.. FYI, I have checked the temps for all components and all seem to be fine..

Spec:
5800x OC to 4.8 Ghz
2x8GB 3000Mhz
RTX 3080 OC
Asus STRIX B550-F Gaming
Windows 11 running latest build no 22000.376
Try changing the power plan from Balanced to High Power.

Also check the Power and Sleep settings applet and make sure the Performance and Energy slider is all the way to Best Performance. That slider is only there for certain power plans.

I'm only on Windows 10 but recent updates made definite changes to my 5800X cpu operating points. When the slider is on Best Energy Savings the processor idle clocks are 3400Mhz and none of the cores boost for undemanding processes; but the system seems laggy, with slow opening and dragging windows. It's not terribly bad but definitely noticeable.

On middle setting the idle clocks are around 3600Mhz, the cores are boosting high and frequently again and the system feels better. On the Highest Power setting cores idle around 3800-3900Mhz and they boost like mad. I can't tell much difference between the middle and high settings so I just use the middle one.

If you're concerned about energy savings...well don't be while gaming. You can also change back when not gaming. I wonder if there's a setting in the Windows Game Bar to change this automatically when launching a game. Actually, I wonder if the Game Bar still exists since I've never used it.

Last edited:
Solution

muralikris.b

Reputable
Sep 6, 2018
Setting it to high performance does not solve the issue for me unfortunately. In win 11 there is no slider but three options named "best power efficiency", "balanced", and "best performance" and I have chosen "best performance". Nothing seems to make a difference except uninstalling the latest chipset update. I am starting to wonder if something is bugged in the update that many have not encountered yet!. I am on the latest AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch C Bios version on my mobo so that too does not seem to be the issue.

Setting it to high performance does not solve the issue for me unfortunately.
Well...now it's resort to finding what else you're running that may be affecting gaming. Check your notification area and dismiss/close/unload anything unimportant. Many people also run various utilities like iCue or other software to control their RGB color schemes.

Uninstall Ryzenmaster if you installed it; it's not really meant for routine use and is a poor monitoring program because it's service can affect performance. It's intended for professional overclockers and enthusiasts during extreme overclocking demonstrations and not as a 24/7 utility.

Also check if you installed motherboard utilities and uninstall them; if you installed Asus's utilities it's like a Trojan in that it tries to re-install and update them every time you boot up. You have to disable a BIOS setting to stop that.