[SOLVED] So i have a old Optiplex 7010, i want to upgrade my CPU, motherboard, and RAM...

Jan 29, 2022
So im currently upgrading my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, im going to keep the 7010 case right now, can anyone tell me if the case can fit a standard ATX board inside?, Thanks!

Solution
So im currently upgrading my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, im going to keep the 7010 case right now, can anyone tell me if the case can fit a standard ATX board inside?, Thanks!
It looks to fit an mATX (the 4 I/O slot covers are the giveaway). You'll also need new CPU cooling and a PSU. From the looks of it, the case will have horrible ventilation: either some clever work with a hack saw and drill will be necessary to open it up for airflow or don't plan on a powerful processor and GPU. You may need to drill some holes for the motherboard if Dell did not follow the ATX standard.

View: https://youtu.be/eVIjWJREri4
It looks to fit an mATX (the 4 I/O slot covers are the giveaway). You'll also need new CPU cooling and a PSU. From the looks of it, the case will have horrible ventilation: either some clever work with a hack saw and drill will be necessary to open it up for airflow or don't plan on a powerful processor and GPU. You may need to drill some holes for the motherboard if Dell did not follow the ATX standard.

Last edited:
Solution
Jan 29, 2022
You'll also need new CPU cooling and a PSU. From the looks of it, the case will have horrible ventilation. Either some clever work with a hack saw and drill will be necessary to open it up for airflow or don't plan on a powerful processor and GPU.

i will try to get just enough in my budget to get a PSU, as for the CPU cooling, id use the one coming from my new cpu, also ventilation isn't really a problem since the SATA cable for my HDD is sticking out of the case, and i can't cram it in there and cover it, so i have to clean it monthly, my GPU is the GTX 950 OCV2 2G GDDR5 by MSI, im probably going to use the i7-3770, 3770K. i don't really care about DDR3/DDR4 ram just because the LGA1155 socket boards (as far as i know don't support DDR4, so, a bummer, but i can use the 2x 4G sticks of ram i will buy and use it with my old 4G sticks.)

i will try to get just enough in my budget to get a PSU, as for the CPU cooling, id use the one coming from my new cpu, also ventilation isn't really a problem since the SATA cable for my HDD is sticking out of the case, and i can't cram it in there and cover it, so i have to clean it monthly, my GPU is the GTX 950 OCV2 2G GDDR5 by MSI, im probably going to use the i7-3770, 3770K. i don't really care about DDR3/DDR4 ram just because the LGA1155 socket boards (as far as i know don't support DDR4, so, a bummer, but i can use the 2x 4G sticks of ram i will buy and use it with my old 4G sticks.)
also note what i added: it fits mATX, not ATX.