[SOLVED] So I recently bought a new graphics card (GTX 1650 GDDR5 4GB)

Jan 19, 2021
So. For some reason I did not see the port that the graphics card had, so when it arrived, I saw the port and it didn't support my current monitor, so I was thinking about getting an adaptor. So I get the adaptor off a site and plug it in my monitor. After some weeks when I play games/do stuff and go to some places in games the monitor shuts off, and turns back on about 1-2 seconds after. Any fixes? Do I need to get another monitor? And if i get another monitor and connect it through hdmi at 75hz, would it still be a problem? Cuz my second monitor which is through hdmi currently doesnt shut off when my main one does. Thanks in advice

btw before I had a GT 730 and it was connected through VGA and it had no problems.

Im thinking its because the adaptor

here are my pc specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400T 2.2Ghz
RAM: Corsair 2x8

and if you need the rest just tell me

Last edited:
Solution
When you have issues with an adapter, the first step is to remove that variable. If your screen only has VGA that points to an old one, get another screen of the same model you already have. Mixing screens/resolutions/refresh rates can end up with other issues, especially when two monitors are on different refresh rates.
Jan 19, 2021
So. For some reason I did not see the port that the graphics card had, so when it arrived, I saw the port and it didn't support my current monitor, so I was thinking about getting an adaptor. So I get the adaptor off a site and plug it in my monitor. After some weeks when I play games/do stuff and go to some places in games the monitor shuts off, and turns back on about 1-2 seconds after. Any fixes? Do I need to get another monitor? And if i get another monitor and connect it through hdmi at 75hz, would it still be a problem? Cuz my second monitor which is through hdmi currently doesnt shut off when my main one does. Thanks in advice

btw before I had a GT 730 and it was connected through VGA and it had no problems.

Im thinking its because the adaptor

here are my pc specs:

View: https://imgur.com/a/tg866xc

btw ignore my pfp, its an old google account from when i was a child lmao

When you have issues with an adapter, the first step is to remove that variable. If your screen only has VGA that points to an old one, get another screen of the same model you already have. Mixing screens/resolutions/refresh rates can end up with other issues, especially when two monitors are on different refresh rates.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS