[SOLVED] so i recently bought some new components to upgrade my desktop and it keeps restarting, i already removed all the components VGA,AUDIO CARD etc.

Mar 27, 2019
So now is only running with the CPU RAM AND A WATER COOLING, my motherboard also has led indicators CPU/DRAM/VGA/BOOT when i try to power my pc on the cpu light is on then goes to dram then vga then cpu again and shuts down.
Motherboard: Aorus H370 gaming wifi
Ram: HyperX Predator 2933 MHz DDR4 16 GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K Processor (4 GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 8 MB cache, LGA1151 Socket Box)

Last edited:
Solution
Intel Core i7 6700K Processor (4 GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 8 MB cache, LGA1151 Socket Box)

The problem is easy then. An i7-6700k CPU requires either a 100 series motherboard or a 200 series motherboard with an updated BIOS.

You can not run an i7-6700k on an H370 motherboard. You're trying to run a Skylake CPU on a motherboard with a Coffee Lake chipset. They are incompatible.

This is an example of why the first step to solving problems is always giving the full specs! Don't just pick and choose what you think is relevant.

DSzymborski

Titan
Let's start with all the specs. That means the specific i7 CPU, the exact power supply, etc. We're already at a handicap troubleshooting your PC since you're the only one physically at the PC, so you have to be our eyes and ears, so things like your detailed specs are very important.

Mar 27, 2019
Yes guys thank you for answering back the power supply has more than enough power to supply the motherboard and all of its components, is not my 1st build. I ve done some more digging and i think i found something my motherboard supports RAM with 2666/2400/2133 Mgh while the ram i am using has 2933 Mgh, do you think that this is the problem?

The speed of ram shouldn't make any difference.
What the RAM is saying, is that it can clock TO 2933Mhz.
The speed is governed by the motherboard. Just like a car can do 150kph doesn't mean you drive it at 150kph :)
The motherboard will run the ram at whatever speed you choose to run it at.
Maybe you need to set this Manually in the BIOS to 2666

Mar 27, 2019
That's the think i cannot even go in bios is just keep restarting. And the ram is just saying 2933. I already know that the source of the problem is ether the motherboard or the ram the CPU is fine and the power supply i tested them on an other motherboard and works perfect.

Mar 27, 2019
Please update your starting post with full specs of your pc.
Currently missing - Graphics card model name, PSU model name.
I have already removed the GPU because i know is not the problem my goal is to successfully power on my pc to at least can go to my BIOS window. That's why i didn't include other components like GPU ,AUDIO CARD etc. And yes i have read it.

DSzymborski

Titan
Intel Core i7 6700K Processor (4 GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 8 MB cache, LGA1151 Socket Box)

The problem is easy then. An i7-6700k CPU requires either a 100 series motherboard or a 200 series motherboard with an updated BIOS.

You can not run an i7-6700k on an H370 motherboard. You're trying to run a Skylake CPU on a motherboard with a Coffee Lake chipset. They are incompatible.

This is an example of why the first step to solving problems is always giving the full specs! Don't just pick and choose what you think is relevant.

Solution
Mar 27, 2019

Wow okayyyy so i will either need a new cpu or a new motherboard, even if the LGA is compatible?

TRENDING THREADS