So, I recently built a pc, will switching the which face of the sata cables around from motherboard to had matter?

Iamsodumb

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
So, .I recently built a pc, and for cable management purposes and fear that the sata cable is going to break from the panel, I would like to switch the sata cable from the 90° angled connector wHich is in the motherboard to be plugged into the hard drive, then having the strait connector into the motherboard. I have windows installed on that hard drive (being the only hard drive I only have) and I was wondering if that will corrupt the boot up process and all of my files? NOTE: I DON'T HAVE AN OFFICIAL WINDOWS COPY* AND JUST TODAY I FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH TEMPORARY PROFILE. 1. *I hit the I don't have a key option during windows installation. Also, in the back panel, the sata cables bend around 45-70° (with the back panel on, also the reason for this question and the need to switch the cables) is this 0kay? Thanks. I WILL POST PICTURES LATER TODAY* motherboard is msi b250m pro v, hard drive is western digital mainstream 1TB, case is deepcool tesseract sw (red and black version)

Solution

There is no "free version".
There is Windows 10, unactivated, usable with certain minimal restrictions.

For your SATA cable....right angle or straight ends only matters with the case and motherboard physical space.
The drive does not know or care which end is which.

Iamsodumb

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017

Iamsodumb

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
in the windows setup, there is an option for those who don't have a windows key and I selected that option so I was just having a problem with some temporary profile thing so I had to do a clean install of windows again, wiping the previous install. being a rookie at this stuff, I was just wondering if reconnecting the hard drive to the motherboard would somehow affect the windows

USAFRet

Titan

There is no "free version".
There is Windows 10, unactivated, usable with certain minimal restrictions.

For your SATA cable....right angle or straight ends only matters with the case and motherboard physical space.
The drive does not know or care which end is which.

Solution