Question So i replaced my power supply due to asus power surge issue, was due an upgrade on psu. but i keep getting the surge issue even after replacement

izaacdoyle

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
PSU : Corsair 600w silver,
CPU: i5 6600k,
GPU: Rx 5600T
MotherBoard: Asus 270A
Ram 3200hrz 16gb corsair.
storage M.2, hard drive and SSD

That's because the Asus "Power Surge" doesn't mean there's something wrong with your power supply.

Your motherboard is only capable of monitoring ITSELF. Not the PSU. It's seeing "power surges" on the motherboard. Could be a bad board or a part plugged into the board that's demanding too much power, etc.

izaacdoyle

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
The motherboard is a Asus Z170A, graphics card is the RX 5600xt And PSU is EVGA 600w silver. Put down wrong components by accident, worried I may be forking out for new parts wasn't proof reading.

The problem started about 2 weeks ago. No changes in hardware then. Just playing EFT and it crashed and PSU had a sizzle sound to I baught a new one to replace it. I have disassembled everything and inspected all parts and all look fine.

Now with the new PSU installed the same problem is occurring. Crash and Asus power surge detected, even with Asus power surge off it still crashs.

I have stress tested Gpu, CPU, and Ram. All I can think is that I have a dead board. Am I right in thinking that's . But PC only crashs when I play any game, I can do anything else , browse watch YouTube but onelce I start up a game and move around and click PC crashs.