Question So I want to do something dumb. Laptop takeover desktop peripherals/KVM?

Ratfour

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
So, dual displayport monitors, USB keyboard and mouse, hooked up to my desktop. What I want to be able to do, is sit down at my desk, plug single type C cable into my laptop (thunderbolt 4), and have it take over everything automatically. That doesn't seem to be possible, at this point I'd settle for hitting a couple switches, but I can't even find a thunderbolt capable KVM (that wouldn't be priced comparable to just buying an entire set of peripherals)

Looking for suggestions, because after a month of scouring I can't seem to find anything even close to an elegant solution.

I cannot be the first person who wants to dock a work laptop at their home setup quickly.

Last edited:

Ratfour

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
So, dual displayport monitors, USB keyboard and mouse, hooked up to my desktop. What I want to be able to do, is sit down at my desk, plug single type C cable into my laptop (thunderbolt 4), and have it take over everything automatically. That doesn't seem to be possible, at this point I'd settle for hitting a couple switches, but I can't even find a thunderbolt capable KVM.

Looking for suggestions, because after a month of scouring I can't seem to find anything even close to an elegant solution.

I cannot be the first person who wants to dock a work laptop at their home setup quickly.

Honestly I'd even settle for 1 monitor, although 2 would be preferred.