[SOLVED] So I want to downgrade back to Windows 10 then - Three questions

Nov 17, 2021
So I bought a brand new computer that came with Windows 10. The specs are nice in case you need to know. Shortly after I bought it, I used the free option to upgrade to Winows 11. More than 10 days have gone by. And I think more than 60 days have gone by , but I am not sure about that one then. Anyway, I wanted to go back to Windows 10, and I knew there is a way where you can make your computer as the way it was when you first bought it. I think it was RESET PC.

So my first question, is RESET PC the way you can make your computer the way it was when you first bought it? I was not sure because they had other options like recover PC and all that. You don't have to explain to me the differences, just please let me know if reset PC is the way to make your computer the way it was when you first bought it?

Now I thought that maybe if I reset my pc, it will make it the way it was when I first bought it, and they will take out Windows 11, and put back Windows 10. So I reset my pc. And it did not take out Windows 11 and put back Windows 10.

So my second question is did I do something wrong? Because I know when you reset your pc, they give you some options, which makes it more confusing. The options is something like delete everything but keep windows for example. So I tried to pick all the options that seemed to erase the most and give it the best chance of making it like you first bought it. So did I do something wrong? Was there anohter way? Do you think maybe I did not pick the right options then? Or is resetting your pc something that would not take out Windows 11 and put back Windows 10?

And my third question, can anything be done to make my computer the way it first was when I bought it, and not have Windows 11, and have Windows 10?

Solution
So I bought a brand new computer that came with Windows 10. The specs are nice in case you need to know. Shortly after I bought it, I used the free option to upgrade to Winows 11. More than 10 days have gone by. And I think more than 60 days have gone by , but I am not sure about that one then. Anyway, I wanted to go back to Windows 10, and I knew there is a way where you can make your computer as the way it was when you first bought it. I think it was RESET PC.

So my first question, is RESET PC the way you can make your computer the way it was when you first bought it? I was not sure because they had other options like recover PC and all that. You don't have to explain to me the differences, just please let me know if reset PC is...

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021

So my first question, is RESET PC the way you can make your computer the way it was when you first bought it? I was not sure because they had other options like recover PC and all that. You don't have to explain to me the differences, just please let me know if reset PC is the way to make your computer the way it was when you first bought it?

Now I thought that maybe if I reset my pc, it will make it the way it was when I first bought it, and they will take out Windows 11, and put back Windows 10. So I reset my pc. And it did not take out Windows 11 and put back Windows 10.

So my second question is did I do something wrong? Because I know when you reset your pc, they give you some options, which makes it more confusing. The options is something like delete everything but keep windows for example. So I tried to pick all the options that seemed to erase the most and give it the best chance of making it like you first bought it. So did I do something wrong? Was there anohter way? Do you think maybe I did not pick the right options then? Or is resetting your pc something that would not take out Windows 11 and put back Windows 10?

And my third question, can anything be done to make my computer the way it first was when I bought it, and not have Windows 11, and have Windows 10?
You can always reinstall Windows 10 by creating a bootable media with a USB drive.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=616447

Solution