Question So, I'm having a technical problem...

May 14, 2019
My computer will boot up normally, I'll sign into Windows and everything seems fine for about 15 to 20 minutes until bloop, my monitor has no signal, my keyboard and mouse cease functioning, debug LED on the motherboard turns off, and my power and reset buttons quit working. Everything else however seems to be fine - the fans are still spinning, the lights on the motherboard and GPU are on, and the power button is still illuminated but doesn't work, which forces me to unplug the thing in order to shut it down. I've already replaced my power supply hoping that was the culprit, but still my problem continues. I hope that I won't wind up having to replace my motherboard as the cheapest ones that I can find for my CPU are $200 at the moment. I'd highly appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this, and here are my specs:

AMD FX-8350 OC'd to 4.6 GHz
Radeon R9-390
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-990FX
7.2k SATA HDD

May 14, 2019
Thank you for the responses, and yeah it's not a match made in heaven, but it was my parents money I was spending. My case is a Thermaltake Core V31, and I've got two 140mm fans pushing in air at the front, one 120mm pulling air out at the rear. My cooler is Thermaltake Water 3.0 mounted on top with fans pulling air out. I would say it's pretty well ventilated, as I've never experienced any overheating issues. I've undid my overclock and I currently have it in safe mode - it's been about 30 minutes so far with no issues. My PSU is currently a refurb Corsair RM-850x going from an EVGA 750 G2.

Note: I went into power settings and noticed this: "Turn off hard disk after 20 minutes", I set it to zero and adjusted a few other settings. Could that have been the problem?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Turning off hdd after 20minutes applies only if the pc is idle. As soon as you move the mouse, that's a load, and resets that timer. So I'm not sure if that was the issue, it's highly doubtful if you were using the pc when it shutdown like thatl unless there's something really wrong with windows.

SHMILY

Great
Mar 1, 2019
hswelectronics.com
My windos is setting "Turn off hard disk after 20 minutes" too. So I thinks this is not the problem. 990motherboard is quite expensive. $100 in my country if it is GA-990FX.
You can consider 970 if you need a new motherboard.
Please use a single ram and observe condition. and then replace a graphics card. If there's still a problem, then it's the motherboard's problem.

TRENDING THREADS