Question Having troubles with my computer, don't know what else to do

May 22, 2019
First i wanna say i'm new here and need some advice on how to fix my computer, i'm not sure what's wrong.

When I first got my computer it worked fine for I believe 1-2 weeks before i started to have issues with it. The computer started to do this weird thing where applications would stop responding and my task bar would no longer highlight when i hovered over pinned applications to my task bar. My microphone won't pick up anything anymore but i could still hear my friends talking in Discord Calls.

However, audio coming from my PC and not being streamed through Discord would start to loop back forever. I could still move my mouse around and open and close applications. however things would start locking in place almost like a ghost image. For instance when I would right click on my task bar and click to open task manager to do something about the applications, once i clicked the task manager button the option for task manager would still be clicked even when the option box disappeared. In order to get my computer to work again I would have to manually hold down the power button till it turned off.

Any attempts to Sign out, or shut down through windows wouldn't work. It would shut down or sign out forever and not actually sign out or shut down. I've tested my CPU, it came back as fine, I've tested my RAM, it came back as fine, I bought a new hard drive so i know it's not that. I've not tested my GPU yet, I recently had to take the computer to a repair shop where a guy had to fix my mother board and solder something to it, i cannot remember what he told me he did. He fixed the mother board from what he told me. Some times my monitors will go black and not come back on. In this cause i would also have to manually restart my computer.

Other times the monitors would go black and restart automatically. I remember getting with my old harddrive a BDOS that said MEMORY_MANAGEMENT which what led me to believe it had something to do with my Hard drive, after getting a new one I haven't had a BDOS saying that since. My reliability history doesn't detect what's wrong with the crashes, however I do have this hardware failure incident that i'll list below.

I've tried everything, my CPU and ram is not being over clocked, I've reinstalled windows 3 times, nothing is working. When i first reinstall windows it seems like the problem is fixed because nothing happens and no crashes occur with in the first day. Follow the next though they start happening again. I don't know what to do to fix the problem anymore, or what to do. So now i'm asking for help to see if i can get someone to help me understand what is happening so i can fix it.

I also had a problem with my connection to discord calls where it would keep saying "RTC Connecting" and then "No Route" i would have to disconnect and reconnect several times before it would connect. This hasn't happened since i got my new Hard drive. I also noticed the last time the computer started to not respond with the applications pinned to my taskbar not responding anymore, yeah, that kind of weird crash. I managed to get into task manager and it told me that the GPU was running at -1% performance? hope that this is detailed enough

Hardware Error.

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffd904cfd05460

Parameter 2: fffff8012221eb24

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 22c

OS version: 10_0_17763

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: rejected_by_rule

Server information: fd4ea87a-f06c-4e77-992b-22dba2479c4f

PC INFORMATION:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66 GHz
Motherboard: Dell Model 0F642F Nvidia nForce 790i Ultra SLI chip set - BIOS: Dell Inc. Version 1.0.5
Memory: (2x8) Gigabytes of DDR3 Kingston
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660ti
Power: 600watt Power supply
OS: Windows Version Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home 64-bit (Build 17763)

If there is any thing else needed information wise please let me know. Thanks!

[Edited for readability (wall of text) - - - Phillip Corcoran (Moderator)]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your PSU? How old is it? Wattage alone doesn't determine if a PSU is good or bad. Is that the latest BIOS version for your prebuilt Dell? Also are you mixing and matching ram sticks or are they a kit?

May 22, 2019
I opened up the PC and looked at the power supply. The Make and model is the Enermax Liberty DXX, Model is: ELT620AWT, bit of a correction on my part, it's 620 WATTS not 600. As for how old is it? I'm not 100% certain on that. The ram comprises of 2 sticks of Hyperx Limited Edition DDR3, both 4 gigs. For the BIOS it's self i'm not 100% sure on if it is the latest version. The BIOS when I looked into my settings was the "Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG" If you need pictures, I have pictures of the RAM, and the Power Supply if that helps.

May 22, 2019
What is the make and model of your PSU? How old is it? Wattage alone doesn't determine if a PSU is good or bad. Is that the latest BIOS version for your prebuilt Dell? Also are you mixing and matching ram sticks or are they a kit?
Oops forgot to respond to you, and not the thread. My mistake.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Initially sounds like a software issue, but you've reinstalled windows 3 times - by the way, live kernel event 141 is caused by corrupted drivers, usually with the graphics driver, or other 3rd party software - reinstalling wipes all that.
1)What did you test the cpu and memory with? The windows memory diagnostic isn't a reliable way to test ram.
2)Have you tried running without the gpu connected?
3)I looked up your power supply. It's not a true 620w unit. It's max is 432w on the 12 volt rail. Judging by the rest of your system, it's got some age on it too, so the output would be a little lower than that actually. Not a quality unit you're running on, which by the way, the recommended minimum for the 660ti is 450w. But if you're just simply browsing/facebook/whatever, it shouldn't be an issue until you try to game, which brings me back to #2.
4)Are the memory sticks from the same kit?

May 22, 2019
Initially sounds like a software issue, but you've reinstalled windows 3 times - by the way, live kernel event 141 is caused by corrupted drivers, usually with the graphics driver, or other 3rd party software - reinstalling wipes all that.
1)What did you test the cpu and memory with? The windows memory diagnostic isn't a reliable way to test ram.
2)Have you tried running without the gpu connected?
3)I looked up your power supply. It's not a true 620w unit. It's max is 432w on the 12 volt rail. Judging by the rest of your system, it's got some age on it too, so the output would be a little lower than that actually. Not a quality unit you're running on, which by the way, the recommended minimum for the 660ti is 450w. But if you're just simply browsing/facebook/whatever, it shouldn't be an issue until you try to game, which brings me back to #2.
4)Are the memory sticks from the same kit?
With my CPU, I tested it with the Intel CPU testing software and everything came back positive, nothing was wrong with it. Memory I will admit I used windows, but the guy who I brought it too last time replaced the ram sticks. That part I forgot to mention, i'm not 100% certain if they come from the same kit, i'm still learning all the terms and such but the sticks are identical. I haven't ran my PC without my GPU in my computer, but I have before I had any drivers installed using only my CPU and not using my GPU at all. When I did that everything was really slow (Duh i know) but i didn't experience any crashes or any signs of an imminent crash. As for #3 thank you for that information, i'll look into replacing the Power supply.