[SOLVED] So I'm selling my GPU tomorrow and getting a new a couple days after that. How should I proceed?

Caquin1950

Prominent
Sep 4, 2019
So I'm selling my GTX 1050 tomorrow and will probably be getting a GTX 1060 3GB. Do I have to do anything for preparation? Like uninstalling NVIDIA drivers before removing the card or something? Once I physically remove the GPU from my PC, will it start using Integrated Graphics automatically, or should I do something beforehand?

Thankss

Edit: I forgot to mention Im using an i3-8100, so it should have Integrated Graphics, and also that I would like to do some light-gaming in the meantime (Dofus and Minecraft), will I have any trouble?

Edit2: So I unplugged my graphics card and Plugged up the HDMI to the motherboard, and I'm not getting an image. Did I mess up a step? What should I do? (Even though I'm not getting an image, I can still see what's going on through my phone thanks to United Remote Full, so maybe I can do something inside?)

Edit3: Using DXiag, I've managed to find that on the Display tab, all info (like name, chip type, etc) justs says: Static. Also on the bottom it says that there is a "graphics device error 31". I'm now trying to figure out a way to fix this.

Edit4: I think I've solved my problem. I'll write it here in case anyone finds it useful in the future: So I opened up Windows start, and typed "Driver". "Device Manager" shows up as the best match so open that. Then, go to Display Adapters and there should be some drivers for Displaying stuff. Right click it, go to Properties > Driver > Update Driver. After a couple of minutes, y.ou should be able to get an image on your monitor :)

Last edited:
Solution
You can just pull out the video card, and plug into integrated. When you start back up, use Guru3D DDU to remove all the Nvidia drivers, and then reinstall them when you install the new card.

Edit: gaming performance will be greatly reduced while using the onboard, but it should run minecraft just fine if you lower the settings. Dofus should be fine as is.

Remeca

Reputable
You can just pull out the video card, and plug into integrated. When you start back up, use Guru3D DDU to remove all the Nvidia drivers, and then reinstall them when you install the new card.

Edit: gaming performance will be greatly reduced while using the onboard, but it should run minecraft just fine if you lower the settings. Dofus should be fine as is.

Reactions: Caquin1950
Solution