so - is it drenched or drench-ed?

Pronunciation-wise - are these cursed Maraquan villian creatures the
Drenched - as in really really wet (living deep under the sea and all,
wouldn't drenched be a natural state anyhow?) - or the Drenched as in drench
as one syllable and ed as another. Or is that a dialectal thing - you
know, the way "please come again" in some places is pronounced "come back,
yal'll hyar?" in some other places and "don't ever darken my doorway again,
you filthy beast" in still others?

I wasn't sure either so I tried to find the page with pronunciations
and couldn't find it!

My guess is that Drenched is pronounced however the Brits would
pronounce it.

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

kolugunner [steven_mackie@huskeralum.com] said
> I wasn't sure either so I tried to find the page with pronunciations
> and couldn't find it!
>
> My guess is that Drenched is pronounced however the Brits would
> pronounce it.

Well I have a south London accent and pronounce it as one syllable, but
someone with a northern of England or a Scottish accent might well say
it as two syllables.