So it overclocks in BIOS...but i don't see it in Windows 7

theultimateeye

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
To quickly describe my situation i was having an issue with my computer (it was due to the psu) and i removed the CMOS chip. My motherboard is a P8z68 V-Pro. Now when i overclock the system in bios (Manual clock speed at 48, ram voltage 1.5, VRM at 350, etc etc...basically all the settings i had before that worked fine) it doesn't show up in Windows. I'll run Intel Burn Test and it'll just stay at 3.4ghz, the fans won't ramp up, and according to RealTemp the temps stay the same.
Now after i removed the CMOS chip the only thing i did was re-do some of the settings in CCC for the graphics. That's it. Is there something else i should be doing? I'm seriously about to buy another mobo that i can't afford because i can't figure this out. I really want to though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeff.

theultimateeye

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Obviously i put the CMOS chip back in guys. Sorry i worded it wrong. Could it be a bad motherboard? I did have another problem with the board. The HD Audio that connects to the front panel doesn't work.