[SOLVED] So many frame drops in Fortnite.. Help.

Sep 2, 2019
I've been dealing with this for almost a year, but my Fortnite keeps having so many frame drops, even though I play at lowest graphics settings and have it capped at 120 fps with a GPU that many people say should be good for gaming. I have a pre-built gaming laptop with these specs:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)

Motherboard
LENOVO LNVNB161216 (U3E1)

Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
S24D300 (1920x1080@59Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 630 (Lenovo)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Lenovo)
ForceWare version: 436.15
SLI Disabled

Storage
1863GB Seagate ST2000LM007-1R8174 (SATA )
238GB NVMe SAMSUNG MZVLW256 (RAID (SSD))

My game used to run so well before Season 5 of Fortnite, and I suspect a failed BIOS update that kept me out of Windows 10 for a few hours, but then it let me in after I changed some settings and then changed them back, has something to do with it. I've already tried looking at those startup settings and found nothing that helped keep my frames consistent.

I've also tried some optimizations I did while following a tutorial and it helped increase my frames a bit but didn't stop the stuttering.

I am using a second monitor to play the game, but just using that monitor and turning off my laptop screen didn't help very much.

I have tried uninstalling Fortnite (When trying to install it to my 1.8 TB drive) then reinstalling it, in which it gave me 100+ frames with medium-high settings for once but then became worse than before after a few days.

FYI, my frames usually drop randomly, but it mostly drops every time I'm in a close quarters fight where bullets are flying everywhere and I'm turning my view quickly to track a player, or if my screen shakes.

Sorry for the long explanations, but I'm trying to give as much information that could help you maybe know the solution to my problem that I've been trying to fix ever since it started. Right now, this is my last hope before I go as far as to reinstalling my Windows 10 to see if my problem is fixed.

Thank you in advance for any help and please let me know if you need any other information about this situation.

Solution
No sorry in device manager click on adapter and see which one you are using. In the bios, under the boot page try resetting the settings to default/optimal settings, save and restart.