So many problems one after the other :/

Pawchii

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Hey I am going to keep this short as my back and head are killing me from spending 8 hours trying to get my computer upgrades fixed.

ASUS Sabertooth motherboard worked FINE with SSD HDD 4 fans and the other useful componants then I went out an added the DvDrw an 2 extra fans then the PSU began to die an then the damn MOTHERBOARD was all messed up as the power button would power up but not power down nor show the screen let alone bios menu. I put my old motherboard back in an then it booted the bios now it gives me nothing but USB over current status detected.

I have read all guides on the USB matter an NOTHING works, just please help me out here I refuse to go running in circles any longer an would much rather pay for new equipment. Just tell me what's going on even without USB ports in use or front panel subs plugged in it still gives the issue.

Solution
one of the usb slots seems to be shorting out. I would take a light to all of them and make sure none of the pins are bent. also check the usb pins on the bottom of the mobo where you can connect the usb slots up front etc. those can get bent pretty easily

Pawchii

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

My old PSU 550w died while I upgraded to 4 new led glow 200mm case fans new cooler master CPU Heatsink, 3TB HDD and SSD 250gb and sabertooth 990fx motherboard from my old micro motherboard.

It worked fine with the newparts excluding my DVDRW and most of the new fans, I put them in then my MOTHERBOARD Sabertooth malfunctioned someway an would show lights an what not but the usb were fried none worked with anything, I plugged in my old motherboard in with a new PSU as the 550w had died by now so the new 750w PSU is working fine but I am getting the error "Usb current status detected, computer will shut down 15 seconds"

It will not allow me to access anything F8, Del or anything

(iPod message, so its hard)

one of the usb slots seems to be shorting out. I would take a light to all of them and make sure none of the pins are bent. also check the usb pins on the bottom of the mobo where you can connect the usb slots up front etc. those can get bent pretty easily

Solution

Pawchii

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

It actually was that little blue cap prb the older motherboards that I took off, it caused the USB to go out of wack. I put it back it works fine now