Question So my Computer is stuttering

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
My computer is stuttering when I play games and maybe that is the reason as to why I was able to get it for 400 dollar my specs are
I5-6400
Gtx 960 2gb unknown brand?
2x4gb ddr4 2133mhz memory
1tb HDD and 120gb Samsung SSD

The stranger part to this is it stutters in high and low settings

I'd use a utility like Speccy to see what the exact specs on your 960 are. The official Nvidia page for the GTX 960 will tell you what the base specs are, then you can compare to what you have. For instance, it should have 1024 Cuda cores. The point is you want to make sure that's a real 960 and not something else that has been rebadged.

Also, if you bought this used I'd suggest cleaning off the CPU thermal paste and applying new thermal paste. Thermal paste doesn't last forever and if the CPU is heating up that can cause throttling, which will impact performance.

Lastly, if you bought the computer used I hope you did a clean reinstall of Windows.

Last edited:

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
My psu is a AC bel 80 plus bronze unit 450w to be exact the model number is pc7033

I've never heard of this PSU brand before. Looks like a local Asian branded basic PSU model. I can't comment how reliable is this PSU, or about the build quality itself, but I would definitely recommend you to replace this PSU with any high quality unit. I think this is a dual rail PSU.

Don't skimp on the PSU. This is the MOST important PC component.

TB2VwqOdHlmpuFjSZFlXXbdQXXa_!!104165772.jpg

guywhoneedshelp22

Reputable
May 18, 2019
I've never heard of this PSU brand before. Looks like a local Asian branded basic PSU model. I can't comment how reliable is this PSU, or about the build quality itself, but I would definitely recommend you to replace this PSU with any high quality unit. I think this is a dual rail PSU.

Don't skimp on the PSU. This is the MOST important PC component.

TB2VwqOdHlmpuFjSZFlXXbdQXXa_!!104165772.jpg
i bought this computer used and didnt know about it but ok thats good to know