Question So my gigabyte 1070 LITERALLY just shot a flame out of it

Dec 11, 2020
i removed the card and plugged all of my peripherals into the on-board gpu. started up a game and all of my core temps are fine. basically i just want to know if there is a way to see if it was just my GPU failing and i can just replace it, or if it was another issue that caused it. i have a game running, opened a browser and my core temps are in the low 30's. it seems my CPU is ok, power supply is fine, but i dont want to spend money on another GPU if it was another issue. is there anything i can check/do? could it have shorted my pci-express slot?

its my birthday today as well, a birthday or two ago my grandfather died, this birthday my gpu lights on fire. super bad luck haha

ikernelpro4

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 4, 2018
i removed the card and plugged all of my peripherals into the on-board gpu. started up a game and all of my core temps are fine. basically i just want to know if there is a way to see if it was just my GPU failing and i can just replace it, or if it was another issue that caused it. i have a game running, opened a browser and my core temps are in the low 30's. it seems my CPU is ok, power supply is fine, but i dont want to spend money on another GPU if it was another issue. is there anything i can check/do? could it have shorted my pci-express slot?

its my birthday today as well, a birthday or two ago my grandfather died, this birthday my gpu lights on fire. super bad luck haha
PLEASE TELL ME YOU MADE A PHOTO. This is amazing!

On a serious note, perhaps use a multimeter if you know what you're doing?