Question So my medium spec laptop lags when playing Half life,Opposing force,Blue Shift,Doom 3 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2019
so if you read the title you can probably guess that i have a laptop that can play games listed above as those games are only i play.The problem is
that my laptop can play (and i tried)these games with no problems.I mean lets not talk about half life as any toaster these days can play the game.
I did not max out doom 3 (as i wanted a balance between performance and quality)and when the gpu wants to work it plays the game lik 60/70 fps.
My question is,why my laptop gpu works sometimes as expected and why sometimes like a gpu from a 486 pc from 1993.Yes i tried... i tried to update my
drivers and it still doesnt work.I have intel integrated graphics and sometime it performes better than my nvidia gt830.I know its a entry level gpu BUT THESE
GAMES ARE NOT LIKE BATTLEFIELD 1 OR GTA V these games are from 9x generetion (exept Doom 3 wich is from 2003)Please...Please if someone knows a solution
or has a same problem... just help...i guess :/
SPECS:
Intel core i3-4030U 1.90GHz
Ram:8 GB DDR3
win 10 64 bit
nvidia gt830m

Jul 16, 2019
Those are not medium specs, they're almost bottom of the barrel.

You just have terrible specs for gaming, accept that.
dude you dont get it im not i already said it im not playing games like Battlefield 1 or 5 or GTA V im playing games that
dont require much today,and i dont get it now youre just being an asshole and screwing around just becouse i said that my laptop
is medium spec.Look in my country this is a medium spec machine,this would cost me here around 350 to 450 euros wich is around the same in US dollars.Even if in your oppinion its a medium spec machine it should not lag on Oppising force wich was made in 1999
or Doom 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.