So my montior has only ONE SINGLE VGA port and will my monitor even turn on if i connect that ONLY ONE VGA port ot my gpu

gugumanis

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
So my montior has only ONE SINGLE VGA and no other ports and will my monitor even turn on if i connect that ONLY ONE VGA port to my GPU not mother board? like will it turn one by just being connected to gpu and not connected to motherboeard?

Solution

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017
I don't get quite what your asking. If you plug that VGA cable into a VGA port on the back of your video card it will work, the GPU takes over the job of the integrated system graphics once the card has been inserted and powered.

gugumanis

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018

So what im saying is if i connect my VGA cable to my Graphics card and i wont connect to my motherboard. will my pc work fine? hope you understand if no ill try to expalin in even more deatil

jacobweaver800

Respectable
Dec 15, 2017

Yeah If you plug it into the motherboard you'll most likely get no video out at all. When ever you come across a system using a graphics card you always plug it into the card not the motherboard.

gugumanis

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018

and im asking will my all computer work not just the graphics

gugumanis

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018

ok nice but final question will all my pc work or just the graphics if i have pluged the gpu in the motehr board and connected gpu to monitor without connecting monitor to motherboard. this will be very helpfull if you answer ill find out if i just wasted 100$ XD

You have been answered multiple times already but once again.
Plug your cable into the gpu otherwise you will just use your onboard gpu (which is supposed to be weaker than you gpu unless you got a weaker gpu for some reason). You can also end up not having a video output if you plug it into your motherboard with the gpu in the pc.

So just plug it into the gpu and it will work fine.

Solution

gugumanis

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018

OK THANK YOU FINALLY YOU MADE MY DAY :) btw my gpu is gt1030 and ill buy and active adapter so i think everything should go well than :)

gugumanis

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018